IMM & Week in Review: The Fairy Tale Edition, Pt. I

IN MY MAILBOX: 02.05.12

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren because:

"I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved! Every week I'd share the books I received that week... ones I'd bought, or gotten at the library, and ones that I'd receive to review on the blog. That way I could mention titles that might not otherwise get some face-time on The Story Siren..."

I find the same thing happening at A Backwards Story. I'm so backed up on reviews atm... That's why I like these videos!


CURRENT GIVEAWAY:

*Win a Pack of Prom-Themed Books from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt! (until April 30th!)

*Like fairy tales?  There are a few giveaways coming up for Fairy Tale Fortnight this week, so stick around!


READING NOW:



*INSURGENT by Veronica Roth
(Which isn't a fairy tale, but I only have, like, two left to read, and I am giving myself a break because I deserve it...especially for something so good that I'm already halfway through it! ♥)

[link to my GoodReads account so you can see my blurb feed as I read]
READ THIS WEEK:

*RUMPEL by Eileen Cruz Coleman
*STORYBOUND by Marissa Burt
*BEAUTY & THE WEREWOLF by Mercedes Lackey
*ENCHANTED by Alethea Kontis [re-read, just in time for surprises this week!!]
*CIRCLE OF CRANES by Annette LeBox
*DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth [Re-read this yday after meaning to just skim part of the book!]

REVIEWED THIS WEEK:

*Round-Up of all Fairy Tale Reviews
*SWEETLY by Jackson Pearce
*THE SEVENTH BLESSING by Melissa Buell
*DON'T EXPECT MAGIC by Kathy McCullough
*BEAUTY AND THE WEREWOLF by Mercedes Lackey
*STORYBOUND by Marissa Burt
*CIRCLE OF CRANES by Annette LeBox


FEATURES THIS WEEK:

*Fairy Tale Fortnight: Schedule of Events!
*Round-Up of all Fairy Tale Reviews
*Cover CrazyPRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOOD by Jessica Day George
*Waiting on Wednesday: THE SWEETEST SPELL by Suzanne Selfors
*STORYBOUND by Marissa Burt {Read for free!}
 

RECEIVED THIS WEEK:


Loot:

The Fairy Tale Edition, Part I!


Because, um, if you haven't noticed...


It's Fairy Tale Fortnight!


I've been working my enchanted tail off trying to bring you guys a lot of fun books!  Unfortunately, all of my interviews/guest posts/etc. were stacked into the second week, so the first week was basically just reviews.  Sorry about that!  I cannot wait to reveal the rabbit in my hat this week for you all!


So far, my favorite book to share this week has been CIRCLE OF CRANES by Annette Lebox, so check out that review, if nothing else!  The book just came out this month!


While you're here, if you haven't voted in IBBA yet, I'd love your vote!  The top four winning blogs get to go to BEA, and I promise that if I win, I'll be sharing some coveted ARCs with all of you through giveaways!





Independent Book Blogger Awards
Vote for this blog for the Independent Book Blogger Awards!
Vote




And now, the books!












 Purchased:
{Another box of books that I ordered last year finally arrived with a pre-order, yay!}

*THE THIEF by Megan Whalen Turner 
{I have wanted to read this for SO long after hearing such amazing things about the series!  I didn't know that I really wanted to wait until April to get it, but I wanted that free shipping, so...! *shrug*}

*A CONSPIRACY OF KINGS by Megan Whalen Turner 
{So glad the library had this in already!  I've been curious ever since seeing other bloggers with IMMs full of this ARC!}

*THE KING OF ATTOLIA by Megan Whalen Turner 
{So glad the library had this in already!  I've been curious ever since seeing other bloggers with IMMs full of this ARC!}

*THE QUEEN OF ATTOLIA by Megan Whalen Turner 
{So glad the library had this in already!  I've been curious ever since seeing other bloggers with IMMs full of this ARC!}

*STORM by Brigid Kemmerer 
{I have wanted this since Brigid received her publishing deal and it's here, it's finally here!}

*AWAKEN by Katie Kacvinsky
{Which I borrowed and read last year, but never had time to review.  ^^;;;  But obviously I liked it, since I finally have a copy to call my own!}

*THE HUNT OF THE UNICORN by C.C. Humphreys
{I've been wanting to read this for a long time, and finally bought it at a good price last year only to find out that someone had scammed me and sent me an ARC.  You never, ever sell ARCs--especially if you list it as a finished hardcover!  I was disheartened and never got around to it.  Now I'm happy to try again!}




 Borrowed:


*CIRCLE OF CRANES by Annette LeBox
{Which I've already reviewed!  Um, and LOVED.  So you should read it, like, right now!}

 e-books for Review:

*SKYLARK by Megan Spooner  [Out Oct. 01, 2012]
{Thank you to Carolrhoda Lab/Lerner Publishing Group and Netgalley!  This one sounds great, and will be hyped a lot at this year's BEA!  It's been on my radar for a while now.}
*THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas  [Out Aug. 07, 2012]
{Thank you to Bloomsbury and Netgalley!  For those of you who didn't read my interview with Sarah in January or see me talking up this book for at least a year, um, where have you been hiding? ^.~  I'll be reviewing this and two of the four prequel novellas this week for FTF!  Yes, as soon as I'm done INSURGENT, this is so the next book I'm reading....Ahh, can't wait!}
 


What did you get in your mailbox this week?

Comments

  1. I've heard so much about Storm and I really want to read it! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-31.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people got Storm this week. I hope you like it. Enjoy all your new books. That series, the one that you got by Megan Whalen Turner looks interesting. Are those historical or fantasy.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul Bonnie :) !! I look forward to know what you think of all these books !! I love the nexw look of your blog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read Divergent, I really need to make time.
    Happy reading!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairy Tale Fortnight sounds like so much fun, and I seriously don't even know where to begin with your mailbox! I am dying to read Divergent and Insurgent (among others!). Have a great week and enjoy the end of Fairy Tale Fortnight!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my IMM - have a fantastic week and happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOOOOOOORRRRMMM!!! So excited to see what you think, I LOVE that book! Already a favourite series of mine :D

    I've hear great things about Meghan Wahlen Turner's series and Awaken, so I'm curious to see what you think of those too. And AHHHHH you got Throne of Glass and Skylark!! LUCKY! Want, want, want!

    Your mailbox is full of ze win. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!