Can't Wait For...Yesterday's New Releases and *6* of Next Week's Titles! Please order now from your local indie or BN to help keep them in business! :)

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.




Hi Bookworms!

Okay, I'm once again going to do something different for Waiting on Wednesday.

Normally, I like to pick a book with a recently revealed cover and talk about how hyped I am.

But the economy is hurting right now, and if you have the money to support still-open or delivering indie bookstores and Barnes and Nobles, it will help keep them in business.

Right now, Amazon doesn't need your money the way our indies and BNs do. 

Yes, so do B&Ns! They've been in a lot of financial trouble and Amazon has significantly hurt them as well. In my area, we have two BNs. We only got our first indie last year. I have been shopping there for years and need them to stay healthy, too, and a lot of other readers are in the same boat!

If you want to still have a bookstore when this is over, call your local, or a friend's local if your area is okay (or closed!) because they can still ship to you if you pay over the phone!

There are a lot of books coming out the next few Tuesdays that I desperately want. I figured I will feature them here, and if they sound good to you, maybe you can order a few, support a shop, and have new books next week?

I'll change my WoW to this format for the next period of time, what do you think?

I did this last week as well, if you want to look at yesterday's new releases in more detail than you'll see in the below picture!
(Especially since I only have ARCs for two of the books, and the others are only briefly mentioned in this picture, but mentioned in more detail in last week's post!)

Here's a photo from my Instagram yesterday with this week's new releases I'm most excited for, and a little bit about why! (Sorry for the simple set-up: my ankle is still a mess from injuring it during last week's new release photoshoot and I can't manage anything super elaborate yet. ^^;;; And again, I don't own physical copies of most of this week's releases to make a cute little stack!)



View this post on Instagram

Happy #NewReleaseTuesday! What books are you most excited about this week? I ADORE fantasy author @sarahbethdurst, who writes picture books, middle grade, YA, and adult fantasy! Her latest adult fantasy, RACE THE SANDS, is not only out today, it's also a stand-alone! 📚 Books not pictured that I'm excited about include the humorous I WILL JUDGE YOU BY YOUR BOOKSHELF by cartoonist Grant Snider, the launch of Mark Lawrence's latest fantasy series THE GIRL AND THE STARS, fantasy series finale THE CERULEAN QUEEN by Sarah Kozloff (A lot of fantasy today!), and short story collection THE MOMENT OF TENDERNESS by Madeleine L'Engle (one of my all-time favorite authors. I have loved her since middle school when I discovered A RING OF ENDLESS LIGHT and the Austin family!). The week's biggest release is, of course, the long-awaited new novel from critically acclaimed author Sue Monk Kidd, THE BOOK OF LONGINGS. Her new novel is historical religious fiction, revolving around Jesus and his wife Ana, from Ana's perspective. 📚 #bookstagram #instabooks #booksofinstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreviewer #forreview #bookshimmy #bookaholic #bookstack #bibliophile #bookworm #booknerd #ireadya #livrestagram #bookcollector #shelfie #tbr #tbrpile #somanybookssolittletime #amreading #currentlyreading #booksandpillows #booksandblankets #NewRelease #yafantasy #fantasybooks
A post shared by Bonnie Lynn Wagner (@abackwardsstory) on

For next week, there are SIX books on my radar that I am intrigued by:




1. DON'T CALL THE WOLF by Aleksandra Ross
This debut sounds SO GOOD, and it is recommended for fans of Leigh Bardugo and Holly Black. It is a "deliciously dark Eastern European inspired YA fantasy debut."

2. SEVEN ENDLESS FORESTS by April Genevieve Tucholke
More re-tellings, yeah, yeah, yeah! This time, we follow the tale of King Arthur -- and this is a stand-alone companion to THE BONELESS MERCIES, a genderbent retelling of Beowulf!

3. STAR BREAKER by Amanda Bouchet
If you want more romance in your sci-fi and fantasy, look no further than Amanda Bouchet, who burst on the scene a couple of years ago with her Kingmaker Chronicles trilogy, and returns now with the second book in her new series Endeavor.

(Also, I like the UK covers better for all of her books! They look more fantasy!)

4. THE UNBOUND QUEEN by M.J. Scott
The third book in M.J. Scott's Four Arts series continues Lady Sophia's story, full of fantasy, magic, and deadly stakes....

5. INCENDIARY by Zoraida Córdova
I love Zoraida, and her new series just sounds SO amazing! A girl who can steal memories and now servies as a rebel spy? Yes, please!

6. PALACE OF SILVER by Hannah West
The third book in the Nissera Chronicles, which began with KINGDOM OF ASH AND BRIARS. If you love fantasy twisted with fairy tales, this is one series you need to pick up!




I hope you'll consider buying a couple of these books this week or next if you can afford it to help support your local indies and BNs!

~*~


Comments