Can't Wait For...Yesterday's New Releases and *6* of Next Week's Titles! Please order now from your local indie or BN to help keep them in business! :)

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.




Hi Bookworms!

Okay, I'm once again going to do something different for Waiting on Wednesday.

Normally, I like to pick a book with a recently revealed cover and talk about how hyped I am.

But the economy is hurting right now, and if you have the money to support still-open or delivering indie bookstores and Barnes and Nobles, it will help keep them in business.

Right now, Amazon doesn't need your money the way our indies and BNs do. 

Yes, so do B&Ns! They've been in a lot of financial trouble and Amazon has significantly hurt them as well. In my area, we have two BNs. We only got our first indie last year. I have been shopping there for years and need them to stay healthy, too, and a lot of other readers are in the same boat!

If you want to still have a bookstore when this is over, call your local, or a friend's local if your area is okay (or closed!) because they can still ship to you if you pay over the phone!

There are a lot of books coming out the next few Tuesdays that I desperately want. I figured I will feature them here, and if they sound good to you, maybe you can order a few, support a shop, and have new books next week?

I'll change my WoW to this format for the next period of time, what do you think?

I did this last week as well, if you want to look at yesterday's new releases in more detail than you'll see in the below picture!
And...

Here's a photo from my Instagram yesterday with this week's new releases I'm most excited for, and a little bit about why! (Sorry for the simple set-up: my ankle is still a mess from injuring it during last week's new release photoshoot and I can't manage anything super elaborate yet. ^^;;; )



View this post on Instagram

Happy #NewReleaseTuesday! I miss going into the bookstore and petting all the new pretties, don't you? At least we can still order online from indies and BN! I just found a $50 BN gift card I didn't realize I had, so it's time to go shopping for new releases! What would you purchase? Today, I'm excited about the release of this little #bookstack! Sorry for the simple set-up: my ankle is still a mess from injuring it during last week's new release shoot and I can't manage anything super elaborate yet. But I have my trusty bookish blanket, some delicious coffee, and Belle at my side itching to read alongside me, so small blessings! ղօԵ ԹíϲԵմɾҽժ: NOT THAT KIND OF GUY by @authorandiej, a #romcom I already have had the pleasure of reading! It has a bunch of favorite tropes, from forbidden office romance, to fake dating to appease family/exes, and more! I really enjoyed this & headed into the author's blacklist upon finishing. Also, I'm featuring the @fairyloot edition of VIPER by @bex_hogan, but truth is, the new title is VENOM! I can't wait for Book Depository to import my copy from the UK, but with the world as it is, don't expect it anytime soon. ԹíϲԵմɾҽժ: contemporary YA THIS IS MY BRAIN IN LOVE by one of my favorite local authors, @iwgregorio, debut fantasy ELYSIUM GIRLS by @katepentecost, thriller PRETTY THINGS by Janelle Brown, and making its way across the pond, the US Edition of DEEPLIGHT by Frances Hardinge (Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea meets Frankenstein!) #bookstagram #instabooks #booksofinstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreviewer #forreview #bookshimmy #bookaholic #bookstack #bibliophile #bookworm #booknerd #ireadya #livrestagram #bookcollector #shelfie #tbr #tbrpile #somanybookssolittletime #belle #disneygram #disneyprincess #disneylover #Disney #disneyaddict #BeautyAndTheBeast #NewRelease #shopindie
A post shared by Bonnie Lynn Wagner (@abackwardsstory) on

For next week, there are FIVE books on my radar that I am intrigued by:




1. RACE THE SANDS by Sarah Beth Durst
A new book from Sarah Beth Durst!!! A STAND-ALONE! Another adult fantasy! All these things are making me weak in the knees.

Sarah Beth Durst is one of those authors I've adored for years, and her books get all kinds of acclaim and love from her fans, but you never hear anyone talking about them. She's quieter, relatively undiscovered. If you love fantasy, you should be reading her!

(Even if this isn't my favorite cover of hers, I'm still so excited for its release!)

2. I WILL JUDGE YOU BY YOUR BOOKSHELF by Grant Snider
The title says it all!! This just sounds FUNNY, and like something every book lover can relate to. And you know what? I really want some humor in my life right now. I think I'm going to pre-order this today, actually!

3. THE GIRL AND THE STARS by Mark Lawrence
I have wanted to read Mark Lawrence for a long time. Every time he publishes a new series, I say, "This will be the one."

And so again, I'm saying, "This will be the one." Because it sounds AMAZING, and like a world I can really sink my teeth into!

4. THE CERULEAN QUEEN by Sarah Kozloff
The final book in The Nine Realms quartet! These were released a month apart, one after the other, which I really appreciate, because I hate waiting four years to get to the conclusion! I started the first book, A QUEEN IN HIDING, earlier this year, and need to return to the series and finish it soon!

5. THE MOMENT OF TENDERNESS by Madeleine L'Engle
For a long time, Madeleine L'Engle was my favorite author. Not because of A WRINKLE IN TIME, believe it or not! (These were actually my least favorite, actually!) My love started with A RING OF ENDLESS LIGHT, and continued with TROUBLING A STAR. The Austins were my family, and I devoured all their books, which led me into all the author's other books, including more obscure ones. I still have quite the bookshelf of her titles!

This is a post-humous release full of short stories, some of which are being published for the first time! I'm ready to fall in love with Madeleine L'Engle all over again, this time as an adult.

6. THE BOOK OF LONGINGS by Sue Monk Kidd
A new book by Sue Monk Kidd, who brought us the thought-provoking, critically-acclaimed THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES. This is another historical fiction piece, this time with religious ties. (And it's probably not a coincidence that it drops two days after Easter, for those who celebrate and will be more drawn to the work.)

It centers around Ana, who was the wife of Jesus during the first century, and explores her life, the synopsis stating, "Grounded in meticulous historical research and written with a reverential approach to Jesus’s life that focuses on his humanity, The Book of Longings is an inspiring account of one woman’s bold struggle to realize the passion and potential inside her, while living in a time, place, and culture devised to silence her.




I hope you'll consider buying a couple of these books this week or next if you can afford it to help support your local indies and BNs!

~*~


Comments