Can't Wait For...Yesterday's New Releases and *5* of Next Week's Titles! Please order now from your local indie or BN to help keep them in business! :)

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.




Hi Bookworms!

Okay, I'm once again going to do something different for Waiting on Wednesday.

Normally, I like to pick a book with a recently revealed cover and talk about how hyped I am.

But the economy is hurting right now, and if you have the money to support still-open or delivering indie bookstores and Barnes and Nobles, it will help keep them in business.

Right now, Amazon doesn't need your money the way our indies and BNs do. 

Yes, so do B&Ns! They've been in a lot of financial trouble and Amazon has significantly hurt them as well. In my area, we have two BNs. We only got our first indie last year. I have been shopping there for years and need them to stay healthy, too, and a lot of other readers are in the same boat!

If you want to still have a bookstore when this is over, call your local, or a friend's local if your area is okay (or closed!) because they can still ship to you if you pay over the phone!

There are a lot of books coming out the next few Tuesdays that I desperately want. I figured I will feature them here, and if they sound good to you, maybe you can order a few, support a shop, and have new books next week?

I'll change my WoW to this format for the next period of time, what do you think?

I did this last week as well, if you want to look at yesterday's new releases in more detail than you'll see in the below picture!
And...

Here's a photo from my Instagram yesterday with this week's new releases I'm most excited for, and a little bit about why!



View this post on Instagram

Happy #NewReleaseTuesday, bookworms! There are a DOZEN new titles in this picture alone, and that's not nearly everything out today! SWIPE for closeups of all the goodies! (ALSO, I know this picture could be better. One of the books fell off the deck and I sprained my ankle on the stairs. This was around noon...almost 10 pm now and it's STILL sore and swollen! So I made do, sorry!!) 📚 I'm actually really excited about a lot of today's new releases! I've already devoured EMPIRE OF DREAMS by Rae Carson and CHOSEN ONES by Veronica Roth. I'm way behind on this month's releases already! I'm so excited for #romcom WHAT I LIKE ABOUT YOU by Marisa Kanter, YOU DESERVE EACH OTHER by Sarah Hogle, and THE ROXY LETTERS by Mary Pauline Lowry. I'm also super excited for ARU SHAH AND THE TREE OF WISHES by Roshani Chokshi and, not pictured, Disney Twisted Tales SO THIS IS LOVE by Elizabeth Lim. I'm also intrigued to finally read HOW MUCH OF THESE HILLS IS GOLD by C Pam Zhang -- and no, your eyes aren't fooling you...those are gold gilded pages! Vampire romantic CRAVE by Tracy Wolff is going to be a huge hit, and THE POPULARITY PACT: CAMP CLIQUE by Eileen Moskowitz-Palma is perfect summer reading for the middle school crowd! Finally, I'm ready to read more of my favorite genre, fantasy, with RUTHLESS GODS by Emily A. Duncan, SIN EATER by Megan Campisi, and THE GLASS MAGICIAN by Caroline Stevermer! Phew, that was a mouthful, wasn't it? Which of these books are you most excited to pick up? For me, I want to read ALL THE THINGS and hope I can make my way through at least a couple this week! #bookstagram #instabooks #booksofinstagram #readersofinstagram #bookreviewer #forreview #bookshimmy #bookaholic #bookstack #bibliophile #bookaholic #bookworm #booknerd #ireadya #livrestagram #bookcollector #shelfie #outdoorreading #NewRelease #belle #disneyprincess #disney #BeautyAndTheBeast #tbr #tbrpile #somanybookssolittletime
A post shared by Bonnie Lynn Wagner (@abackwardsstory) on

For next week, there are FIVE books on my radar that I want!  (Well, I've already read one, phew, but you know!)





1. ELYSIUM GIRLS by Kate Pentecost
This cover is FIRE! It was the very first thing to catch my eye about this book. At first, I thought it was going to be a Horsemen of the Apocalypse fantasy, and I would have been okay with that, too. But it is actually Dust Bowl-inspired, and it sounds completely kick-ass and amazing and full of high stakes and can I have it now? (Actually, maybe this should be today's read! I'm definitely in a fantasy mood atm...)
2. NOT THAT KIND OF GUY by Andie Christopher
I just read this last week, and it was a good choice if you want something fun right now. This is a romcom with a bunch of popular tropes rolled into it! It starts off with, "Office Romance//I can't date him" to "We no longer work together and let's pretend to be together so our family will be happy // our exes will be jealous" to "something real" and I just really enjoyed it and the characters are super endearing! I actually didn't know this was technically a companion novel, but I'm glad I read this one first because it was my favorite of the two, though I enjoyed both! I do want to go back through this one now and find all the fun cameos, though!
3. DEEPLIGHT by Frances Hardinge
20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA meets FRANKENSTEIN? I'm in! I have a couple of Frances Hardinge's books and have been meaning to read her for a while. I bought the gorgeous UK Waterstones edition with orange stained pages last year in October when it had its original release, but it is coming out in the USA this week, and I just received a review copy! Look at that underwater cover! You know it caught my eye immediately. I actually prefer the synopsis on the UK edition. The US edition makes it sound lfocused on horrors under the sea, but the UK edition is all about long-dead deities who destroyed one another and a boy who finds the still-beating heart of one of the deities, and risks EVERYTHING to keep it safe so he can try to save his best friend. I'm so much more intrigued!
4. VENOM by Bee Hogan
The sequel to VIPER! This is a book I probably would have never heard of if it wasn't a second book included in a Fairyloot subscription box last year. It only released in the UK and still has no release in the USA to my knowledge. I have my copy on preorder from Book Depository, which ships free world-wide. It is about a girl destined to eventually become the Viper, aka the protector of the Twelve Isles. But the current Viper -- her own father -- no longer defends as he should and is corrupt. Can she go against her family to accept her destiny and do her duty as Viper? I need this sequel!
5. THIS IS MY BRAIN IN LOVE by I.W. Gregorio
I.W. Gregorio is local and I've met her several times over the years. She's fantastic, and you should read her just because she is an amazing human being. ^.~ (Plus, she's a surgeon, and she has to deal with this pandemic AND a book release this month, and that just hurts my hurt. So much stress!)

But also, if you love contemporary, she also has a real knack for hitting you in the feels. Her award-winning debut NONE OF THE ABOVE explores the often ignored topic of intersex, a topic near and dear to her heart. And THIS IS MY BRAIN IN LOVE doesn't hold back any punches, either. It's about two teens who come together through work, and while at first they don't get along that well, they slowly become a team and find themselves falling for one another. It handles topics that are so important to teens, from being the children of immigrants to teens on the autism spectrum, to balancing work and school, and so much more!





I hope you'll consider buying a couple of these books this week or next if you can afford it to help support your local indies and BNs!

~*~


Comments