The word for the April 26th New Releases.......is BLUE!!!!!!!!


Yesterday I was at the bookstore, and imagine my surprise when not one, not two, but ALL FIVE of this week's biggest YA releases.....had blue covers.


 Granted, some were more blue than others (And some of the blue didn't photograph as blue due to lighting, but it is in person! Like the Blue in the sky for HEIR and the blue in the gorgeous foil of TLB&GITW! I arranged them from light to dark for this photograph...on a blue tablecloth, of course!!!)

Even more ironically???

I had just re-painted my nails....blue. I've had China Glaze "Boho Blues" sitting out for a while with my "spring" stash and randomly grabbed it because I was in the mood for some periwinkle. 

Not only did my nails match all the books, they REALLY matched THE ROSE AND TH DAGGER!!!!


So....don your blue on the way to the bookstore this week!

Another fun coincidence:

I'm re-reading my favorite book of 2015, and I always take off the cover to protect it and chuck the book around in a book sock! I just bought a couple of new ones and the first one I opened was a gorgeous...blue! That...ALSO matches my nails! ^^;;;

I...guess I like blue!?



...The one thing my nails DIDN'T match? The beautiful ARC of VASSA IN THE NIGHT by Sarah Porter that I came home to! ....But they would have matched the three books in her Lost Voices trilogy, so......... ^.~


 Happy, Happy Book Week to our Blue Books...
HEIR TO THE SKY by Amanda Sun, 
THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD by Siobhan Vivian, 
THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER by RenĂ©e Ahdieh, 
THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN by Roshani Chokshi
and 
SOLDIER by Julie Kagawa!!!!

 ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: HEIR TO THE SKY
Author: Amanda Sun
Release Date: Out April 26, 2016
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

As heir to a kingdom of floating continents, Kali has spent her life bound by limits—by her duties as a member of the royal family; by a forced betrothal to the son of a nobleman; and by the edge of the only world she’s ever known—a small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans. She is the Eternal Flame of Hope for what’s left of mankind, the wick and the wax burning in service for her people, and for their revered Phoenix, whose magic keeps them aloft.


When Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks, and other terrifying beasts. But the more time she spends on earth, the more dark truths she begins to uncover about her home in the sky, and the more resolute she is to start burning for herself.
  ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD
Author: Siobhan Vivian
Release Date: Out April 26, 2016
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

What if your town was sliding underwater and everyone was ordered to pack up and leave? How would you and your friends spend your last days together?


While the adults plan for the future, box up their possessions, and find new places to live, Keeley Hewitt and her friends decide to go out with a bang. There are parties in abandoned houses. Canoe races down Main Street. The goal is to make the most of every minute they still have together.

And for Keeley, that means taking one last shot at the boy she’s loved forever.

There’s a weird sort of bravery that comes from knowing there’s nothing left to lose. You might do things you normally wouldn’t. Or say things you shouldn’t. The reward almost always outweighs the risk.

Almost.

It’s the end of Aberdeen, but the beginning of Keeley’s first love story. It just might not turn out the way she thought. Because it’s not always clear what’s worth fighting for and what you should let become a memory.
 ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER
Author: Renée Ahdieh
Release Date: Out April 26, 2016
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers / Penguin
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

The much anticipated sequel to the breathtaking THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, lauded by Publishers Weekly as "a potent page-turner of intrigue and romance."


I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust.

In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan.

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.
  ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN
Author: Roshani Chokshi
Release Date: Out April 26, 2016
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

Fate and fortune. Power and passion. What does it take to be the queen of a kingdom when you're only seventeen?


Maya is cursed. With a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction, she has earned only the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her whole world is torn apart when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. Soon Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Neither roles are what she expected: As Akaran's queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar's wife, she finds something else entirely: Compassion. Protection. Desire...

But Akaran has its own secrets -- thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Soon, Maya suspects her life is in danger. Yet who, besides her husband, can she trust? With the fate of the human and Otherworldly realms hanging in the balance, Maya must unravel an ancient mystery that spans reincarnated lives to save those she loves the most. . .including herself.

A lush and vivid story that is steeped in Indian folklore and mythology. THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN is a novel that no reader will soon forget.

 ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: SOLDIER
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: Out April 26, 2016
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

A fighter dedicated to saving humankind from dragons in strictest secrecy.


That was what Garret Xavier Sebastian thought he was part of as a soldier of the Order of St. George. What he learned from a fiery dragon hatchling twisted all he believed in and set him on a collision course with certain death-but not without a chance to put things right.

Betrayed and on the run again, Ember and rogue dragon Riley discover an unthinkable truth about Talon and St. George. They'll need Garret's skills and insider knowledge of the Order to negotiate an impossible deal-and if they fail, there will be no way to stop all-out war.
  ~*~
AND HERE'S A SNEAK PEEK AT...
VASSA IN THE NIGHT by Sarah Porter, 
out Sept. 20th!!!
  ~*~
O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: VASSA IN THE NIGHT
Author: Sarah Porter
Release Date: Out Sept. 20, 2016
Publisher: Tor Teen
Received: ARC for Review
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17558817-be-with-me

SUMMARY:

In the enchanted kingdom of Brooklyn, the fashionable people put on cute shoes, go to parties in warehouses, drink on rooftops at sunset, and tell themselves they’ve arrived. A whole lot of Brooklyn is like that now—but not Vassa’s working-class neighborhood.


In Vassa’s neighborhood, where she lives with her stepmother and bickering stepsisters, one might stumble onto magic, but stumbling out again could become an issue. Babs Yagg, the owner of the local convenience store, has a policy of beheading shoplifters—and sometimes innocent shoppers as well. So when Vassa’s stepsister sends her out for light bulbs in the middle of night, she knows it could easily become a suicide mission.

But Vassa has a bit of luck hidden in her pocket, a gift from her dead mother. Erg is a tough-talking wooden doll with sticky fingers, a bottomless stomach, and a ferocious cunning. With Erg’s help, Vassa just might be able to break the witch’s curse and free her Brooklyn neighborhood. But Babs won’t be playing fair. . . .

Inspired by the Russian folktale Vassilissa the Beautiful and Sarah Porter’s years of experience teaching creative writing to New York City students.

 Which New Blue Books Will YOU be Picking Up???

Comments