{A Twist in the Tail} Marissa Meyer Announces HEARTLESS!

Love fairy tales and mythology?
Fans of mermaids, dragons, unicorns, and other mythical creatures?
Enjoy when a beloved classic tale is retold?
A Twist in the Tail Thursdays features all this and more!

Have you seen the big news shaking up the blog-o-sphere this week?

New York Times Best Selling Author Marissa Meyer finally announced the book that will follow the conclusion of her Lunar Chronicles Quartet.

Are you excited? I'm excited!

Known for her unique way of retelling fairy tales, Marissa takes on Lewis Carroll's much-beloved Alice in Wonderland...this time through the "villain's" POV!

She teases,

A prequel to “Alice in Wonderland,” HEARTLESS will tell the tale of how a marquis’s teenage daughter became the infamous Queen of Hearts. It will be a story of whimsy and madness, passion and tragedy, ravens and writing desks.

She started writing this in 2012, but was only allowed to mention it this week! To find out more tidbits, check out the great Q&A on her site!

She'll mention goodies such as how Gregory Maguire's WICKED inspired her, how it may or may not be a standalone, and how the following book will likely be the first in a new series. Check it all out, like now! ^_^

Even better?

We won't have to wait a bajillion years to read this! It's projected to be released in Fall 2015...only half a year after the final Lunar Chronicles novel, WINTER, drops!

*throws confetti*

Want even MORE good news?

You can already add this book to your GOODREADS TBR!!!


If you're not reading this series, you should be. Marissa Meyer has reinvented fairy tales and created a powerful futurist fantasy series.

Check out my reviews of CINDER and SCARLET, check out a guest posts with Marissa featuring SCARLET, and check out the A Week of Cinder(ella) and A Week of Little Red events previously hosted here, which include reviews of other inspired fairy tales and guest posts, including interviews and posts with Marissa's cover designer Rich Deas and critique partner Tamara Felsinger!



Are you already as eager for this as I am!?

Comments

  1. Just happened upon your blog. Amazing! I'm so glad Fairy Tales are "in" right now! I'm going to check out Marissa Meyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I LOVE fairy tales!
      So glad you found me! <3

      Hope you love Marissa as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. YES! I was so excited to hear about this; I love Marissa Meyer's books (they're my favorite series) and I'm crazy for Alice in Wonderland so Heartless sounds perfect. I added it on Goodreads too. :)

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!!!

      Are you excited for the new Once spin-off? Ahhhh, this week!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!