Can't Wait For...WARMAIDENS by Kelly Coon!

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.




Hi Bookworms!

Last year, a book I LOVED that I never got around to reviewing because the holiday season (when I read it) was too crazy was GRAVEMAIDENS by Kelly Coon. I do want to feature the book at some point because I enjoyed it SO much. I even got to meet the author at an event in November.

I'll be honest: I went into GRAVEMAIDENS not thinking I was going to enjoy it. I didn't really want to read it, but I was reading all the other authors on the panel, so I wanted to at least try it. I was hooked in the first chapter. The writing, the descriptions, the intriguing culture, the food! Plus, it's one of those tales that proves how far someone will go to save her sister, and showcases that unique form of bravery.

I was SO glad I read the book and now, I'm highly anticipating the sequel, WARMAIDENS, out October 20th. The cover was just revealed and it's a lovely purply pink -- take a look!



I already have a serious case of grabby hands and can't wait to pick this one up come fall!

Have you read GRAVEMAIDENS yet? What did you think of it? This is definitely one I'll be re-reading!
~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  WARMAIDENS
Author: Kelly Coon
Release Date: October 20, 2020
Publisher: Delacorte Press / Penguin Random House




SUMMARY:

WARMAIDENS is the dark, action-packed conclusion to the heartwrenching Gravemaidens fantasy duology. Kammani and the maidens are now going to war against the ruler who tried to entomb them.

Just a few moons after escaping the tomb in Alu, Kammani and the other runaway maidens have found refuge in the city-state of Manzazu. There, Kammani has become a respected healer, especially among the warriors she’s brought back from the brink of death. Now that the nightmares of Alu are fading, she can finally decide whether or not to take Dagan’s hand in marriage.

But when an assassin murders a healer he believes is Kammani and attempts to kill the displaced queen of Alu, the maidens realize they’ve been found.

Hungry for revenge, Manzazu’s queen wants to strike back at Alu with her fiercest weapons—her scorpion warrior maidens—but Kammani knows that war harms more than it heals. To save the innocents and any chance of a future with Dagan, Kammani must take down Alu’s ruler before their lives burn up in the flames of war.



Comments