#LunarEverAfter and celebrating The Lunar Chronicles since...well, the beginning!



Love fairy tales and mythology?
Fans of mermaids, dragons, unicorns, and other mythical creatures?
Enjoy when a beloved classic tale is retold?
A Twist in the Tail Thursdays features all this and more!


Hi bookworms! Have you been paying attention to #LunarEverAfter this month as Fierce Reads and Marissa Meyer released new covers for the New York Times Best Selling Series The Lunar Chronicles?

It has been so much fun to see everyone's posts this month! I was on #TeamScarlet, though it came the one week I had no free time, so I couldn't take part in the fun as much as everyone else, but I've loved seeing everyone's favorite quotes and moments and the gorgeous #bookstagram set-ups.

If you haven't seen the new covers yet, here is a picture I took with them all together last month and posted on Instagram:



Each book also has a SECOND illustration that comes on a "stepback," which is seen most commonly on mass-market romance novels, and sometimes adult fantasy. Basically, you open the cover and there is a second image before the book opens and becomes normal book pages.

I have trouble picking my favorite because they are all such pivotal scenes! Do I pick THE MOMENT that defines Cinderella with Cinder's image, or I mean, just look at that kiss featured on WINTER! *grabs a fan8






What do you think of these new covers? I've heard so many varied reactions! I personally enjoy them and think they will bring a lot of new readers to the series! They're perfect for the teenage crowd, and have a bit of a graphic novel feel to the design, which will catch the attention of a lot of teens!

I have been a fan of The Lunar Chronicles since the very beginning.

Macmillan was one of the first publishers I ever worked with as a blogger, and CINDER was one of the first ARCs I ever received. I have gone on to have a great relationship with Macmillan, who is still one of my favorite YA publishers, and Ive loved seeing them become so established. The series is very special to me in so many ways.

I also love that it revitalized retellings as a lucrative genre and that so many more books have been able to come out over the years for me to enjoy. It has brought so many new fans, and given even more authors the chance to succeed. I am here for this "trend" and hope it lasts forever because that is my personal happily ever after!

Many new readers won't know the, but every time a book in the series came out, I had an entire week dedicated to each fairy tale to celebrate the book's launch. Book reviews of various novels, guest posts and interviews with authors, etc. It was always so much fun and something I really looked forward to!

So if you love Cinderella, you can still read about all the fun we had during A Week of Cinder(ella).

Red Riding Hood fan? I have you covered with  A Week of Little Red!

Rapunzel has always been one of my favorites, so if you're like me, you'll want to dig through A Week of Rapunzel.

Finally, where would we be if there wasn't A Week of Snow White to take you out with a bang?

New to the series?

Never fear! It's a great time to jump in, especially because you can snag these new editions!

If you're still on the fence, I hope my dusty, but still (hopefully!) useful reviews of CINDER, SCARLET, CRESS, and WINTER (I can't find my review of WINTER, actually! Either it's yet another old post that Blogger ate, or I never reviewed it since it was a final book and too spoilery to talk about. I'm not sure!) will help bring you to the Lunar side!


~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  The Lunar Chronicles
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: October 4, 2016 (Complete Hardcover Boxset)
Publisher: Macmillan Feiwel & Friends



SUMMARY:


The #1 New York Times-bestselling series that brought fans a complex and thrilling world of cyborgs and evil queens is now available as a beautiful boxed set.

CINDER


Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction.

SCARLET


Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. As Scarlet and a streetfighter named Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder.

CRESS


Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and prevent her army from invading Earth. Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl trapped on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company.

FAIREST


In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter, Queen Levana's story is finally told!

WINTER


Can Cinder, Prince Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Princess Winter, and the palace guard Jacin find their happily ever afters? Fans will love this amazing conclusion to the series.

Follow Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles from the beginning with Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest: Levana's Story, and the epic conclusion, Winter.



Comments