Celebrating My Birthday With This Highly-Anticipated Book!



Hey guys!

Soooooooo today is my birthday!

*Throws confetti*

Since we're all bookworms here, I have a confession:

Every year, I try to make sure I'm not reading anything leading up to my birthday so that I don't have to worry about finishing that book, etc. On my birthday, I pick a special book to read. It can be something I'm dying to read or re-read or an author I love that had a new book out that I was savoring...anything, really. The rule is that there are....NO RULES!!!!

Do you do that, too? I want to know I'm not the only bookworm who chooses something special to read on a birthday JUST BECAUSE! ^.~

I feel like I've been doing this all week, actually. It's been a VERY indulgent reading week for me. I just re-read the entire Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson after reading the first two books in the Princess Vigilante series by S. Usher Evans. It gave me pangs to re-read it so very badly. I just finished the final book last night and I still love the series SO much and am swooning over it all over again. And yet...

This year, I've chosen to read this shiny advance copy I was desperate to get at this year's Book Expo because it is the one advance copy I would have done a lot of things to get my hands on this year. I also have at least three copies on pre-order already. ^^;; There's the BN Signed Copy of the US Edition, the Waterstones Exclusive UK Edition, and the generic UK edition. What happens if a book box sounds amazing!? I already have too many copies, lol!


THE NIGHT CIRCUS is one of my all-time favorite books, and I've been craving a new book from Erin Morgenstern for years. Plus, a book about a library!? I would have wanted it anyway! I knew my chances at grabbing it at BEA were low, too, because copies were rare and being dropped secretly, about five at a time. Luckily, my friend / roommate knew how badly I've been coveting this and grabbed me a copy the second she saw it! So I've been saving it for my birthday, hoping I'd be in the mood to pick it up today...and I absolutely am! What a shiny birthday indulgence!!!!





Comments