Can't Wait For...THE VEIL OF TRUST by S. Usher Evans

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


Hi Bookworms!

Today's WoW is a book that I'm excited to get my hands on!

Earlier this month, I read the book THE CITY OF VEILS by S. Usher Evans, which came in a subscription box a few months ago. (Summary for this first book below!)


 

Isn't the Fae Crate Exclusive edition of THE CITY OF VEILS gorgeous?
I wish I could buy special editions of the entire series so they'd match!
I was tempted not to buy a paperback for just in case, but the chances are low, so...
I was also tempted to spend an extra $10 on the hardcover edition so they'd match, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money atm!


I finished reading and was glad that I'd purchased the sequel, THE VEIL OF ASHES, a few chapters into reading the first book because it arrived the day after I finished and I could just dive right into it! Now I have to wait until October for the third book, THE VEIL OF TRUST, to release.



If you are a fan of THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson, THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows, and/or the THRONE OF GLASS series by Sarah J. Maas, you're going to need to pick this series up and start reading! It reminded me a bit of all of them in the best of ways. In fact, after finishing, I started re-reading THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS series. I've been wanting to for a while, and since Carson recently announced a sequel coming next year (A recent Can't Wait Wednesday of mine!), the time felt right. I've missed these characters so much!



I feel like this is the first time in a while I've posted a sequel as my WoW and not just something with a recently revealed gorgeous cover that I can't have until 2020 (Though I have a few new ones for you in upcoming weeks because shiny new books! )

Below, instead of leaving the summary for THE VEIL OF TRUST, I'm going to share a summary for the first book, THE CITY OF VEILS, because many of you are new to the series and don't want the spoilers!

~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  THE CITY OF VEILS
Author: S. Usher Evans
Release Date: April 16, 2019
Publisher: Sun's Golden Ray Publishing




SUMMARY:

or the past three years, Brynna has been patrolling the streets of Forcadel as a masked vigilante, protecting the innocent and beating up bad guys. Her current target is Lord Beswick, a slumlord businessman who keeps the townsfolk in a vicious poverty cycle. But one fateful evening, she's captured by Felix, the captain of the king's guard, and told a shocking truth: her father and brother are dead, and she needs to hang up her mask and become queen.

Before long, she negotiates a deal with Felix: attend to her royal duties during the day and continue her vigilante mission to take out Lord Beswick at night---at least until her coronation. But the politics of Forcadel are as volatile as the streets, and Brynna isn't sure whom she can trust in the castle. With two royals dead in less than a month, she must use all her wits to make sure she isn't the third.


Comments