Top Twenty Most Anticipated Books For The Second Half of 2019

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top Twenty Most Anticipated Books For The Second Half of 2019


This is a fun topic! I mean, I think I've definitely talked about a few books on this list more than once, and you might already be sick of hearing about them... but that's how genuinely excited I am to hold them and read them and love them!

And seriously, to make me choose ten? That's cruel. There are AT LEAST twenty books that I need to own the minute they're published. AT LEAST. I stopped at twenty, though!

In no particular order...



1) THE STARLESS SEA by Erin Morgenstern
Out Nov. 5th, 2019




Okay, does this one surprise you, even a little? Let's not even discuss how many editions I have pre-ordered already. ^^;; This was the #1 book I had to pick up at BEA, and luckily, a dear friend knew how badly I wanted it and got it for me first thing on the first day, so I was so happy and am so blessed to have her! I already know I need this book. Desperately. I have since before I knew what it was about. I loved, loved LOVED Erin Morgenstern's THE NIGHT CIRCUS so much. It's in my Top 20 all-time favorite books list. I have desperately needed her to write another book, and she finally has. This book is about BOOKS and libraries and sounds enchanting. I already know that I probably need multiple editions. 

I have a first edition hardcover of both the US and UK releases and I am waiting for the cover drop of the UK edition and to find out if it will look "special" like the UK edition did (It had a ribbon, black stained pages, a hidden book tattoo beneath its jacket, and beautiful endpages! 

This is the book I need down to my bones this year in every form I can have it!

My Review of THE NIGHT CIRCUS
(A stand-alone novel you WON'T have to read in order to read this!)

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42730332-the-starless-sea

2) CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE by Tomi Adeyemi
Out Dec. 3rd, 2019





CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE was tied for my #1 place on my 2018 reading list for almost the entire year last year. I read it very early and its characters and world building sunk in their teeth and never let go.


I've been itching for a re-read and can't wait to do so later this year.

I already have my B&N Exclusive Edition pre-ordered to match my exclusive copy of COBAB.

This is a book I need to read the nano-second it's in my hand!

My Review of CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39122774-children-of-virtue-and-vengeance


3) CROWN OF OBLIVION by Julie Eshbaugh
Out: Nov. 12th, 2019




This cover is fantastic, and very on trend. The summary sounds fantastic. And best of all? The author is local, and I absolutely adore her as a human being! Do I NEED another reason?

But, really, do it on a cover buy alone! ^.~

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37819077-crown-of-oblivion


4) SUPERNOVA by Marissa Meyer
Out Nov. 5th, 2019


Why are ALL of these books so far listed for November? I am going to have the biggest reading month ever, I swear...

*ahem*

I adored RENEGADES, and it was one of my favorite books of the year in 2017. I need to know how the trilogy concludes!

My Review of RENEGADES

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42771754-supernova


5) THE BURNING WHITE by Brent Weeks
Out Oct. 22nd, 2019


FINALLY, the final book in the Lightbringer Saga! You know I have a signed copy on pre-order!

I have waited SO LONG to read this series. I was going to read it when there were two books, and the cliffhanger messed up my friend. Okay, fine, I can wait for the final book. Oh, but it has to be split into two books and now there are four? Sure, sure. An extra year? Why not? Take your time, we want a good story, after all! Wait, wait, one MORE book? Okay, sure, fine. And an extra year? Okay... But PHEW, this really is the final book, and I finally get to binge this series. It's a little daunting, tbh. These suckers are, like, a thousand pages each!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30169100-the-burning-white

6) THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS by Katy Rose Pool
Out Sept. 3rd, 2019



THIS COVER. THIS COVER. DO YOU SEE IT? I'm swooning. One publicist blurbed it as being for fans of GRACELING. Another recommended it for fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I need this in my life right now!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41823536-there-will-come-a-darkness

7) SPIN THE DAWN by Elizabeth Lim
Out July 9th, 2019


Pitched as Project Runway meets Mulan, with a touch of fairy tale whimsy thrown in. This whole summary sounds right up my alley, and I've been anticipating this one all year!

I'm pretty sure it's going to be in my July Owlcrate going off the summary they just released, and that, together with a new Harry Potter mug, might just make that the best sub box of the year!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36683928-spin-the-dawn

8) THE MAGNOLIA SWORD by Sherry Thomas
Out Sept. 10th, 2019



1) I LOVED the Elementals Trilogy from Sherry Thomas that began with THE BURNING SKY. It was Harry Potter meets Avatar the Last Airbender meets Alanna the Lioness and it was SO GOOD. 2) Sherry Thomas is an adult romance author, and Elementals was her first YA, so the romance was well done and not full of too much drama! 3) Okay, let's be real, I would have wanted this anyway the minute you told me it was a Mulan retelling!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44059557-the-magnolia-sword

9) FIVE DARK FATES by Kendare Blake
Out September 3rd, 2019


Finally, the final book in the series! I met Kendare Blake when the first book came out, and asked about the cliffhanger. She said I might want to wait a year...so I did. Only to find out that it would be a quartet. Two years later, and I finally get to binge read this series! It's been pretty hard to stay away from spoilers!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35391237-five-dark-fates

10) HOUSE OF SALT AND SORROWS by Erin A. Craig
Out Aug. 6th, 2019


A retelling of one of my favorite tales, The Twelve Dancing Princesses. A cover fit for a mermaid. A tale of sorrow and woe. The sea as the backdrop. How many ways must I count how I need this beauty in my life!?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39679076-house-of-salt-and-sorrows



11) THE GUINEVERE DECEPTION by Kiersten White
Out Nov. 5th, 2019




This dark, deadly, brutal rendition of Camelot stars a Guinevere like no other, and I can't wait to meet her and see the heads roll. Kiersten White has a unique voice that always intrigues me, and her new project sounds like my favorite from her yet!

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43568394-the-guinevere-deception

12) WHEN SHE REIGNS by Jodi Meadows
Out Sept. 10th, 2019




This trilogy is so underrated -- as is author Jodi Meadows. I love her so much, and am always excited when she releases a new book. The last book was so action-packed, and I can't wait to see where the finale takes us!



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28524251-when-she-reigns


13) VOW OF THIEVES by Mary E. Pearson
Out: Aug. 6th, 2019




I'm not sure if my heart is ready, TBH. I adored THE KISS OF DECEPTION and the entire original trilogy. When I found out there would be a new duology with new characters, I was so excited and intrigued. Then I didn't have time last year to read DANCE OF THIEVES. But no big, I can do it now and binge it, right? But...then it will be over. Finished. The end. Am I ready to say goodbye again...for real this time?

My Review of KISS OF DECEPTION

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34196663-vow-of-thieves


14) THE MERCIFUL CROW by Margaret Owen
Out July 30th, 2019


THIS COVER!!! Assassins and princes and bodyguards, yes please! Everytime I hear about this book, it just sounds more and more bad-ass!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36483378-the-merciful-crow


15) INTO THE CROOKED PLACE by Alexandra Christo
Out Oct. 8th, 2019


I already knew I wanted to see what Alexandra Christo wrote next after loving TO KILL A KINGDOM so much last year. When it was comped to SIX OF CROWS? I want it even more now, of course!

My review of TO KILL A KINGDOM

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36571337-into-the-crooked-place

16) A TREASON OF THORNS by Laura E. Weymouth
Out Sept. 10th, 2019



The cover is gorgeous. It's comped to CARAVAL. It's a stand-alone fantasy!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43245851-a-treason-of-thorns

17) THE TEN THOUSAND DOORS OF JANUARY by Alix E. Harrow 
Out Sept. 10th, 2019


1) THAT COVER. It made me stop and take notice and pick up a copy knowing nothing.
2) Tamora Pierce blurbed this. When she blurbs anything, I must own it.
3) Books about BOOKS!? I am ALL in!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43521657-the-ten-thousand-doors-of-january

18) THE BLOOD HEIR by Amélie Wen Zhao
Out Nov. 19th, 2019





This was on my radar for so long, because, I mean, a retelling of Anastasia and an #OwnVoices title? When the cover dropped, I was speechless and it wanted it even more. Then there was controversy and the book was pulled from publication and I thought I'd never be able to read it. But now it has been retooled and I just can't wait!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38205707-blood-heir

19) REBEL by Marie Lu
Out Oct. 1st, 2019


Marie Lu has written so many books I've adored over the years. And now, she's writing one more book in the world of LEGEND *and* tying it in with WARCROSS? I am so, so, so beyond ready!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42288081-rebel?from_search=true

20) BID MY SOUL FAREWELL by Beth Revis
Out Sept. 24th, 2019


What an eerie cover, right? A sequel to last year's GIVE THE DARK MY LOVE. Books set at magical schools are the best, right? And this is a duology, so this is the final book, yippee! I can't wait to see how it all comes together, because ack!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38475566-bid-my-soul-farewell

What books are you excited to read during the second half of 2019???
 ^_^


Comments