Can't Wait For...CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE by Tomi Adeyemi

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


Hi Bookworms!

Today, I want to feature CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE by Tomi Adeyemi, because the cover dropped this week and it is so, so, SO gorgeous.

I loved CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE last year. In fact, if you haven't read it yet, check out my review! COBAB was one of my top favorite books of 2018. I've been really excited for the sequel. I wasn't at all surprised when the release date pushed from March to June, and then again to its current publishing date of December 3rd, to be honest. The first book was HUGE, and I follow the author on social media. I knew she was still working on the book. I would rather have the book be the best it can be than be rushed, you know? Plus, there was no cover yet, which is always a sign that a push is coming.

Speaking of covers, the cover for the sequel dropped on Monday and it is SO stunning. On Instagram, Adeyemi goes into a little bit of behind-the-scenes chatter and reveals that cover artist  Sarah Jones even created her own brushes to give Zélie her perfect 4C hair!

Take a look at this beauty:






I can't wait to have this one in my greedy little hands! I already have the BN Exclusive Edition on pre-order because their exclusive for COBAB was so stunning!

Take a look at the summary for COVAV below -- but be warned there are slight spoilers. If you haven't read the first book yet, make sure to check out my review instead!


  ~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:


Title: CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE
Author: Tomi Adeyemi
Release Date: Dec. 3, 2019
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co. / Macmillan
SUMMARY:

After battling the impossible, Zélie and Amari have finally succeeded in bringing magic back to the land of Orïsha. But the ritual was more powerful than they could’ve imagined, reigniting the powers of not only the maji, but of nobles with magic ancestry, too.

Now, Zélie struggles to unite the maji in an Orïsha where the enemy is just as powerful as they are. But when the monarchy and military unite to keep control of Orïsha, Zélie must fight to secure Amari's right to the throne and protect the new maji from the monarchy's wrath.

With civil war looming on the horizon, Zélie finds herself at a breaking point: she must discover a way to bring the kingdom together or watch as Orïsha tears itself apart.

CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE is the stunning sequel to Tomi Adeyemi's New York Times bestselling debut CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE, the first title in her Legacy of Orïsha trilogy.



Comments