Interviewing Jenny Han, Author of TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE



Last week was so busy, I didn't get a chance to post as much as I would have liked!

But I really wanted to tell you guys; Last week, I interviewed Jenny Han over at Broadway World to celebrate the Netflix release of TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE becoming a movie! (Have you watched it yet? Have you, have you? Run and watch right now, mmm'kay?) 

I've been REALLY excited to share our chat with you guys. I'm newer to the series than a lot of you. Contemporary has never been my primary genre. I read her Summer trilogy a few years ago, but never got around to picking up To All the Boys until this year. Once I read the first book, I was hooked, of course, and had to know how things ended for Lara Jean. I was SO excited to see how it translated as a movie! Also, her father? One of my favorite dads in YA. And it's a family story, and just....so good!


I feel really fortunate and lucky that I was able to chat with Jenny about the book's release for BroadwayWorld. From talking about the movie to her writing process to why she returned to the duology and added one more book, I hope you enjoy her responses as much as I did!

Here's a snippet of what you'll see in the full interview!



You have written one of the best father figures I've seen in YA literature. What went into building his character and story arc?

I thought of him as a dad who was really trying his best. He wants his girls to stay connected with their mom, he knows he has limitations, but he really does try.

~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:


Title: THE DARKEST MINDS
Author: TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE
Release Date: April 15, 2014
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
SUMMARY:


What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once? 

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.




Comments