Top 10 Books on my Spring TBR!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top Ten Books on my Spring TBR!


Okay, I KNOW this was last week's theme. But, I REALLY wanted to do a Top 10 that was themed with A Week of Beauty and the Beast.

And that meant skipping one of my FAVORITE TTT themes.

I LOVE talking about great upcoming books every season.

So I'm chiming in now with some great new titles I want to read this spring. Some you've surely heard of, while others may be new to you!

I'd love to hear what books you're looking forward to reading so I can TBR them myself!!!

(Plus, yesterday was the first day of spring anyway, soon!!! ^.~)

In no particular order...





1) A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas
Out May 2, 2017



This is the one we're ALL waiting to read this spring. I'm a little nervous, TBH with you! ACOTAR was my favorite book of 2015 and ACOMAF was my favorite of 2016. So...that's a lot to live up to, right!? PLUS it's a finale! *gulp*

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23766634-a-court-of-wings-and-ruin

2) THE FLAME IN THE MIST by Renée Ahdieh
Out May 16, 2017 



1) Renée Ahdieh, acclaimed author of THE WRATH AND THE DAWN!! 
2) Mulan!!! 
3) That Cover!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23308087-flame-in-the-mist


3) ROAR by Cora Carmack
Out: June 13, 2017




I've read and enjoyed a few of Cora Carmack's new adult novels and am SO EXCITED to see her dive into YA Fantasy. I need this book so very, very badly. AND THAT COVER!!!

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29939048-roar


4) AVENGED by Amy Tintera
Out May 2, 2017


I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I loved RUINED this year, and had to read every other book Amy Tintera had published. I really can't wait to get my hands on this sequel!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31371485-avenged


5) RISE OF FIRE by Sophie Jordan
Out Now


REIGN OF SHADOWS was one of my biggest surprises of 2016! I loved it so much and need the final book in this duology so I can see how it all ends! 

I'm also pretty ashamed of myself. I had an e-ARC of this that expired. I pre-ordered this and HAVE it. It came out at least a month ago. And have I read it yet? NO!!! (The only thing I can say in defense is that I want to re-read the first book and I'm not sure where I stashed it last year....^^;;;)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30037865-rise-of-fire

6) THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE by Katherine Arden
Out Now



I did a fun comparison video between the US and UK editions of this book if you missed it!

When you tell me a book is THE NIGHT CIRCUS (Erin Morgenstern) meets UPROOTED (Naomi Novik) meets pretty much anything by Neil Gaiman, sprinkled with a bit of Russian Folklore, you're going to have me sniffing around trying to sneak a peek as soon as I can!!!

I've been dying to read this since last year. It's one of my 2017 Most Coveted Titles. I've had an ARC since last year and I have a purchased copy, too! I fully intend to read this one now that it's spring!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25489134-the-bear-and-the-nightingale

7) THE NAMES THEY GAVE US by Emery Lord
Out May 16, 2017


I'm not a huge contemporary fiction reader, but Emery Lord is one of my insta-read authors. This one sounds like it's going to be a sucker punch to the heart, but I'm already chomping at the bit to pick it up!!!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30038906-the-names-they-gave-us

8) GIVEN TO THE SEA by Mindy McGinnis
Out April 11, 2017



I've never read Mindy McGinnis before, but her covers are ALWAYS stunning. This one is no exception!!! Plus, it has the sea mixed into the story, and you know I love books that take place at sea!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25314447-given-to-the-sea

9) THE TRAITOR'S KISS by Erin Beaty
Out May 9, 2017


This has been compared to Mulan and also to Jane Austen. Which makes me immediately intrigued!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29346870-the-traitor-s-kiss

10) OBSIDIAN AND STARS by Julie Eshbaugh
Out June 13, 2017


I loved IVORY AND BONE last year, a unique Pride and Prejudice-inspired novel set during the time of wooly mammoths and saber tooth tigers. I'm ready to continue this series!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32075664-obsidian-and-stars





What books are you excited to read this spring???
 ^_^
 

Comments

  1. I love posts when we can look forward to books. I am looking forward to Emery Lord's new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read all of these!!! Literally! My most anticipated are definitely The Names they Gave Us and The Flame in the Mist. I haven't read any of Emery Lord's book and unfortunately, I wasn't a big fan of the Wrath and the Dawn but that doesn't really matter. I've also heard mixed things about Given to the Sea so, I'm debating on whether I should pick that one up. Thanks for sharing!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of books. And those covers are so bright and vibrant. Just what I needed this morning.

    Here is my TTT.

    (Sorry - had to fix a typo in the link)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy all these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/top-ten-tuesday-99/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!