Bookworm Problems: Leaving home with 5 books and returning with...16!?



Good news, bad news,  ...pickle!?

So I KNOW I said I'd post a review of THE ORPHAN QUEEN today. Buuuuuut I was too tired to be creative last night. Plus, Kat and I are discussing teaming up to do it. Sooo next weke! But I'll talk about the launch party tomorrow as long as I'm not too tired to write about it tonight,  okay?  ^_^

But you can still enter yesterday's giveaway for your own copy of THE ORPHAN QUEEN!

So instead,  I have something fun for today that all fellow booklovers will understand!

(Actually....this would make a cute feature, don't you think? *puts on thinking cap* Time to make a banner!!!)

Kat and I were lucky enough to go to NYC this week during Jodi Meadows' launch party for THE ORPHAN QUEEN. I brought FIVE books from home.
(See pile 1 in below photo!)

(I'd seen Jodi Meadows, Brodi Ashton, and Cynthia Hand before, or it would have been 7 MORE books, eep!)

I bought five MORE books when I was in NYC!

(See pile 2 in below photo!)

Three were for the signing, of course! Buuuuut Kat and I went to a used bookstore called Book-Off. That place is so much trouble! Kat walked out of there with a hardcover first edition of INKHEART by Cornelia Funke to replace a lost copy and was super excited.

On the train, we'd been talking about Brent Weeks and how his final book in the Lightbringer quartet had been delayed. The cliffhangers tear Kat apart, so I won't read the series until it's complete. I had mentioned that I still don't own the second book.  (I bought a bargain copy of #1 at BN once upon a time and bought the third brand-new because it was autographed). AND THEN I FOUND #2 FOR ONLY $5!!!! Win! I also find the third and final book in Orson Scott Card's  Pathfinder trilogy for $5, which I hadn't bought yet, so score!

Bookworms understand!!!!! You go away to a signing and come back with non-signing-related books. No one else gets the excess!!!!!

When I returned home last night, there were two boxes of MORE books sitting on many porch that I'd preordered in December! 

(See pile 3 in below photo!)

One box had a rushed copy of A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab that they kept delaying.  (The warehouse can't keep it in stock! Two weeks old and already in its third printing!!!) The other box had my preordered copy of THE ORPHAN QUEEN,  which hadn't arrived before the signing, and some other awesome new releases!

Soooo I now have to put away 16 books, not the 8 I was anticipating.

But it's a good problem...right!?

Check out all the goodies!

PILE 1 (Previously owned):

DEFIANCE, DECEPTION, and DELIVERANCE by CJ Redwine,
INFINITE by Jodi Meadows, EVERTRUE by Brodi Ashton

PILE 2 (Purchased in NYC):

THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows, RITES OF PASSAGE by Joy Hensley, THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE by Cynthia Hand, VISITORS by Orson Scott Card, THE BLINDING KNIFE by Brent Weeks

PILE 3 (Arrived in the mail!):

A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab, THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows, PRINCESS ACADEMY: THE FORGOTTEN SISTERS by Shannon Hale, BURNING KINGDOMS by Lauren DeStefano, DEATH MARKED by Leah Cypess, RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard









Comments

  1. God, that's such a problem! I went into the bookstore to pick up my pre-order of Maureen Johnson's SHADOW CABINET (mind you, I only had to go straight to the front desk), and I left with five other books... Someday, I need to be rich. Looks like you got some good ones, though, so it's all worth it!

    C.J.
    Sarcasm & Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  2. In WHAT world is that bad news! That's absolutely beautiful news, your shelves are growing and there's no better feeling than that!

    Cheers,
    Jen @ The Bookavid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!