Everyone, I have really exciting news to share with you today!
One of my all-time favorite annual events is nearly upon us...and this year marks the FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of Fairy Tale Fortnight!!!
As you MIGHT know (not that my semi-weekly feature A Twist in the Tail gives it away or anything...), I a little, eensy-weensy obsessed with fairy tales. Books, movies, ad campaigns, nail polish lines (*peeks guiltily over at the brand-new Morgan Taylor Cinderella polishes that just arrived in the mail last week*)... add in a fairy tale, and I'm the first in line to pick it up!
FTF is the brainchild of Misty from The Book Rat, but for the last five years, I've been involved in Fairy Tale Fortnight to the point where I've reviewed a fairy tale every day myself, as well as featured authors, guest posters, and giveaways!
It's because of all of you that you've helped us turn five this year!!!
Misty and I have been hard at work putting together a list of books and events we want to feature this year, and Misty just created a beautiful banner to promote FTF.
And now, it's time to unveil this year's banner:
Thank you muchly to faestock & TinaLouiseUK for the images I used to create this year's button -- you gals rock! Feel free to share this button if/when you post about Fairy Tale Fortnight, or if you do your own FTF reading/reviewing/giveaway-ing, etc., this year.
Now, let's get down to business, shall we?
- What is Fairy Tale Fortnight? Fairy Tale Fortnight is a two-week event that takes place once a year. The focus of the event is fairy tale retellings and fairy tale-esque works. The two weeks will be jam-packed with reviews, interviews, guest posts, giveaways and all manner of awesome things!
- Where is Fairy Tale Fortnight? FTF takes place at The Book Rat and on Misty's YouTube channel (and lets face it, it will probably spill over to Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook...) It will also be hosted here at A Backwards Story.
- When is Fairy Tale Fortnight? This year, FTF will be taking place between Wednesday, April 1st and Tuesday, April 14th. (Easy enough to remember, right??) Mark your calendars now!
- Can anyone participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? YES! We highly encourage others to participate, whether it be through their own blogs, vlogs, tumblrs and tweets, or just through the comments. There will be a linky up on the first day for readers and participants to share their own fairy tale-related posts throughout the event. For those who want to be even more involved, we also invite people to guest post here at FTF HQ (ie mine and Misty's blogs). Guests can send us their own reviews, giveaways, Top 5 lists, etc - anything with a fairy tale slant that they think should have a turn in the FTF spotlight! There is a form below to fill out if you'd like to be considered for a guest slot!
- Do you have to be a blogger/vlogger to participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? NO, not at all! We welcome all comers; the only requirement is a love for fairy tales. Whether you're a full-fledged obsessive like we are, or are just starting to rediscover them, ALL are welcome to participate!
- Can authors participate as well? Absolutely! Authors are welcome to participate in any of the ways listed above. If you'd like to do something more promotional, like an interview or a giveaway, or talk to Misty or I about a possible review, please email us: email Misty | email Bonnie
- Anything else we should know? Yep! This year, Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, has once again helped Misty and I organize a Fairy Tale Giveaway Blog Hop! I'm sure you all know how these work, and how epically fantastic they are. More details will be coming soon! You can also check out the schedules for year one and year two and year three and year four to get a better idea of how the events run, and what to expect from this year!
BEFORE WE LET YOU GO, don't forget to fill out the form below if you'd like to be a featured guest during Fairy Tale Fortnight!
And if you have anything particular you'd like to see on this year's event, please tell us in the comments!!
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an author who would like to be involved or have your book featured in Fairy Tale Fortnight, please email either Misty or myself directly.
Want to be a guest poster?Fill out the following form! We'd LOVE to have you!!!