Everyone, I have really exciting news to share with you today!
As you MIGHT know (not that A Week of Rapunzel gives it away or anything...), I a little, eensy-weensy obsessed with fairy tales. Books, movies, ad campaigns, nail polish lines... add in a fairy tale, and I'm the first in line to pick it up!
For the last four years, I've been involved in Fairy Tale Fortnight to the point where I've reviewed a fairy tale every day myself, as well as featured authors, guest posters, and giveaways!
This year, for the second time running, I'm lucky enough to be co-hosting the Fourth Annual Fairy Tale Fortnight with Misty from The Book Rat!
Misty and I have been hard at work putting together a list of books and events we want to feature this year, and Misty just created a beautiful banner to promote FTF.
Here's our button for the event. This year, Misty made both a button (below) and a banner (above).
Feel free to share either or both when talking about Fairy Tale Fortnight. =)
Now, let's get down to business, shall we?
- What is Fairy Tale Fortnight? Fairy Tale Fortnight is a two-week event that takes place once a year. The focus of the event is fairy tale retellings and fairy tale-esque works. The two weeks will be jam-packed with reviews, interviews, guest posts, giveaways and all manner of awesome things!
- Where is Fairy Tale Fortnight? FTF takes place at The Book Rat and on Misty's YouTube channel (and lets face it, it will probably spill over to Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook...) It will also be hosted here at A Backwards Story.
- When is Fairy Tale Fortnight? This year, FTF will be taking place between Sunday, April 20th and Saturday, May 3rd. Mark your calendars now!
- Can anyone participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? YES! We highly encourage others to participate, whether it be through their own blogs, vlogs, tumblrs and tweets, or just through the comments. There will be a linky up on the first day for readers and participants to share their own fairy tale-related posts throughout the event. For those who want to be even more involved, we also invite people to guest post here at FTF HQ (ie mine and Misty's blogs). Guests can send us their own reviews, giveaways, Top 5 lists, etc - anything with a fairy tale slant that they think should have a turn in the FTF spotlight! There is a form below to fill out if you'd like to be considered for a guest slot!
- Do you have to be a blogger/vlogger to participate in Fairy Tale Fortnight? NO, not at all! We welcome all comers; the only requirement is a love for fairy tales. Whether you're a full-fledged obsessive like we are, or are just starting to rediscover them, ALL are welcome to participate!
- Can authors participate as well? Absolutely! Authors are welcome to participate in any of the ways listed above. If you'd like to do something more promotional, like an interview or a giveaway, or talk to Misty or I about a possible review, please email us: email Misty | email Bonnie
- Anything else we should know? Yep! This year, Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer, has once again helped Misty and I organize a Fairy Tale Giveaway Blog Hop! I'm sure you all know how these work, and how epically fantastic they are. More details will be coming soon! You can also check out the schedules for year one and year two and year three to get a better idea of how the events run, and what to expect from this year!
Misty and I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to a few awesome deviants whose unbelievable stock Misty used to make this year's button and banner (as well as the blog hop crop!). Seriously, there are some truly amazingly talented, generous people out there, and they deserve ALL TEH CREDITS:
- QueensRevenge, for the "Snow White" image
- Mifti Stock, for the fallen apples
- Sed Rah, for the forest background
You are all awesome for making such great stock available!
Want to be a guest poster?Fill out the following form! We'd LOVE to have you!!!