{Kat's Korner} Meet Kat!

Every other Friday, stop by Kat's Korner
for special features and reviews from Kat!

But don't wait for Fridays! Follow Kat now on Twitter!

Hi, I'm Kat! Welcome to Kat's Korner! Every other Friday, I will whisk the readers of A Backwards Story over into my corner and talk about books, and sometimes the writing process.

Books and writing have always been my number one loves, and it's how Bonnie and I became acquainted with one another. I am really excited to kick off my little piece in a couple of weeks with a talk about one of my favorite reads of the year, SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY by Susan Dennard. But first, an introduction! I want us to be friends. ^_^

As I stated earlier, my name is Kat. If you checked out the totally cute banner that Bonnie put together for me, you probably figured out that I knit. If not, then, hey, I knit! It's a talent I have developed within the past couple of years. Knitting certainly helps me cool down when stories or real life get too intense. I also crochet, but I am better at knitting, so crocheting doesn't really happen often.

Anyway, moving on and away from my main hobby, I really enjoy many kinds of mythology, especially Norse mythology. I feel like a culture's mythology is a big part of its soul. Fairy tales are another love of mine. I always did enjoy magical creatures, royalty, knights, magic spells, witches, and all of that jazz, but most of all, femme fatales. I love a BAMF heroin or villain.

On that villain note, I adore dark stories. The darker, the better. I love grit, I love gore, I love well-written villains, terrifying beasts, and everything else on the dark side. For me, the dark side really does have cookies. So take this as a warning that my corner will be a shady one. But never fear! My bright and sunny attitude will keep you safe and sound.

So that about wraps me up nicely, I think. See you in a couple of weeks, when I talk about SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY.

The epic meeting of the two Kats!
Kat Meets Kat Zhang (And Susan Dennard,
Sarah J. Maas, and Erin Bowman!) at YAGB!
Check out our exclusive full audio recording from the tour
to feel like you were there with Kat, Bonnie, and the authors!

Comments