$2.99 e-book sale! Jennifer Estep's ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN series!


Yesterday on Twitter, I was excited to see @Pocket_Books announce that the first FIVE books in Jennifer Estep's bestselling fantasy series Elemental Assassin are on sale for $2.99 a pop!  They're available on both Kindle and nook, and likely iPad, Kobo, etc. as well.

I'm not sure how long the sale is on for, so grab them while you can!

I purchased all five for my nook because I've been wanting to read this series for a while.

I've previously read and reviewed FIRST FROST and TOUCH OF FROST from Estep's YA Mythos Academy series and have a couple of the other books to read.

I've been intrigued by the Elemental Assassin books because, for some reason, fantasy novels featuring assassins intrigue me--and they have since way before GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers, so it's not a result of that!

My biggest reason for avoiding the series up until now is actually pretty silly: I don't like the fact that the main character is called the Spider.  I have extreme arachnophobia, and when books have a spidery theme, I get nervous.  What if there are spiders or webs on the cover of the books?  Just seeing the word sometimes gives me a chill.  I've always thought I'd rather have these books as e-books rather than print copies despite having the Mythos Academy books in paperback (because I love having matched books, be they paperback, hardback, or ebook) because I can avoid the cover entirely.  At the same time, the e-books have always been the same price as the physical books at retail, and I can buy the physical copy for much cheaper.

$2.99 is definitely a great deal, and I expect to like the series, so I snatched up all five because I don't know how long they'll be on sale for.  I'd love to see later titles in the series go down a little bit in the future, even to $5 or $6-ish.  Maybe when DEADLY STING comes out in March or HEART OF VENOM comes out in August...
Fingers crossed!

O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  SPIDER'S BITE
(Elemental Assassin #1)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Release Date: Out Jan. 26, 2010
Publisher: Pocket Books
SUMMARY:

My name is Gin, and I kill people. 


They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South — when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride. 

Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way — good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.


Comments