Waiting on Wednesday: THE ARCHIVED by Victoria Schwab



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!

Title: THE ARCHIVED
Author: Victoria Schwab
Release Date: Jan. 22, 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion

 

WHY?

I loved Victoria's debut novel THE NEAR WITCH, which was one of my favorite novels of 2011.  Not only did I review it, but I also interviewed the lovely author last year!  I've been following Victoria's blog and chatting with her on Twitter since before her first novel released, and even had the pleasure of meeting her in April!

I've wanted THE ARCHIVED since hearing Victoria first mention it, even knowing so little about it.  I was so excited to see the cover release last week during BEA.  I think the book looks gorgeous and I want it even more now!!! *drools*


SUMMARY: 


Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous—it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.

In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.


What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. Great pick. Check out my WoW.

    New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this title elsewhere today, and I added it instantly. It looks and sounds just so good!!! Mmm!! :))

    Thanks for sharing! I followed you on GFC :) Stop by and follow back?

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for this book, It sounds so awesome!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this book to come out either. I love the cove. Disney-Hyperion has some really pretty covers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I am SO EXCITED about this book! I loved "The Near Witch" and can't wait to read another book by Victoria.

    Also, a bonus cause it's about librarians, which means it will be amazing.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This one sounds really awesome. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Near Witch, and I can't wait for this one too..

    Happy Reading
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1612

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that there is some excitement for this book, yet it is my first time seeing it. Thank you for the introduction. - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds morbidly interesting, i like it. Here's my wow
    and check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a big fan of Victoria Schwab and The Near Witch was just awesome! I am so excited for her new book and the cover looks so fab! Great pick!

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds very captivating, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover on this! Sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great. One more to the pile. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh this sounds so good! I like the comparison between people and books. I haven't read any from this author, but I'll definitely be checking her out. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Near Witch is still on my TBR and this book sounds even more interesting! Great pick!

    Our WOW

    Diana @ BookVenturers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!