Cover Crazy: LEVEL 2 by Lenore Appelhans


Cover Crazy was first hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."









LEVEL 2 by Lenore Appelhans



Presenting Lenore was one of the first book review blogs I ever stumbled across, and through it, Lenore introduced me to a bunch of titles I read and loved, especially dystopians.  I was so excited for her when I heard that she got a publishing deal, and LEVEL 2 sounds awesome!

The cover's awesome, too.  Check out the full spread:

Um, click this to see a MUCH bigger image!

Lenore and  her publisher Simon & Schuster revealed the cover last week in an awesome video (And I'm pretty sure some of that footage is from the making of the book cover, no less!)




If you're reading this post, you're like me and you love book covers.  Because I love covers, I also love reading interviews with cover designers.  Check out Lenore's interview with LEVEL 2 cover designer Lizzy Bromley! (Bromley also designed the amazing covers for Lauren DeStefano's THE CHEMICAL GARDEN Trilogy!

After reading that interview, I love this cover even more!  I love the way the colors pop and work together, creating an eye-catching image.  The model looks like she's in motion and about to break out of the image.  And I really like the dots representing the hives.  This cover would have me pick the book up blind to find out more, and I'm even more eager to read it now after seeing all this!






What do you think of my choice this week?

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!