Cover Crazy: IRON HEARTED VIOLET by Kelly Barnhill


Cover Crazy was first hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."







IRON HEARTED VIOLET by Kelly Barnhill



Who says we don't judge books by their covers?  Seeing the cover for IRON HEARTED VIOLET in with Little, Brown's upcoming fall catalog has made me want this book so much.

I love illustrated covers, and this one is great!  From that amazing font full of gorgeous texture to the girl (who is a princess) sitting atop a dragon (the last dragon in existence and it's deathly afraid of its own reflection, how intriguing is that?) with that atmospheric sky in the background...

(Um, and the way the dragon is clawing the title?  Extra win!)

Well, who wouldn't pick this one up the moment s/he saw it in the store?  I already want to, but I can't until October!!!  This is one of the fall titles I'm most excited about for sure!




What do you think of my choice this week?

Comments

  1. That's gorgeous! I feel like publishers are really nailing their MG titles these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O wow, that cover is beautiful. I hadn't even heard of this one before!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, though I like the illustrated picture of the girl riding the creature, I don't like the obtrusive title words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that! This will be an interesting read for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!