Mad About Nails!

 
Welcome to my brand-new feature!  I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past month and ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc.  So this past weekend when I was in NYC and some book bloggers were commenting on my nails, I had a realization:  Why not do a feature on nail polish?  It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun.  Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).  What do you think?  I think I'm officially toeing the "too crazy" line now...





This week, I painted my nails on Saturday night.  I took photographs this morning (Friday), and filmed the following video yesterday.  My nails are only beginning to chip, so the polish lasted almost a full week!


I was going to do a purple design, but I changed my mind, so after putting on a base coat of China Glaze in "Harmony," I decided to put a blue glitter on top of it.  I chose Sally Hansen HD in "Spectrum," since it has purple tones.  My nails went from purple to blue when I turned them sideways in the light.  I wanted more glitter, so I added chunks of "Metallic 4 Life" from OPI's Nicki Minaj line, giving my nails heavier glitter at the tip and lighter glitter at the base.  The OPI made my nails too black, so I added one more coat of "Spectrum," then topped it all off with OPI's RapiDry TopCoat to extend the longevity of the polish.


This week, CVS was having a sale on their exclusive wet n wild line, Spoiled.  The nail polishes usually cost $1.99+tax.  Through tomorrow, you can get the Spoiled nail polish for Buy 2, Get 1 FREE!  There are, I believe, 72 colors in the collection, which ranges from matte colors to glitters.

I picked up the colors that looked the most interesting: "Shrimp on the Barbie," "Ants in my Pants," "Are Mermaids Real?" (Uh, of course they are!!), "Jewelry Heist," "Paying with Platinum," and "Pet My Peacock." 

I'm probably going to try "Shrimp on the Barbie" first, since it's perfect for this time of year!  I'm eager to see how long this polish will last for.  The colors are great, though, and the price point can't be beat!


What do you think of the new feature?  I know it's not book-related!  Like it, hate it? Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish?

Comments

  1. Cool new feature!
    The pictures were great on Google Reader, but when I clicked through so I could comment, they seem to be really distorted on your blog. May be just my computer, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ricki! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Yeah, the new layout was making the images all funky, so this one will do for now until the one I'm working on is finished! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!