Cover Crazy: ISLAND OF SILENCE by Lisa McMann


Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."

This week, Lisa McMann tweeted about adding her upcoming titles to GoodReads.  It reminded me that, hey, I wanted to add the second UNWANTEDS book to my TBR pile.  


I was really excited to see that it now has a title (ISLAND OF SILENCE) AND a cover!  
(This is the biggest image atm:)





ISLAND OF SILENCE by Lisa McMann:


The covers for this series are amazing.  What kid wouldn't want to pick up one of the books in this series after seeing it on the shelf?  I think it will get even more popular this summer when the second book launches because the first book is tagged, "THE HUNGER GAMES MEETS HARRY POTTER." I think that will garner a lot of blind buys alone!  
 
I'm not sure what's going on in the picture, but I really want to know!  While I have a nice, shiny copy of THE UNWANTEDS, I actually haven't had time to read it yet, so maybe if I had, I'd already know what's going on.  Or maybe these covers are like Rick Riordan's, and while you know the characters, you don't know what's going on until you read the book.  Either way, I LOVE this cover.  It makes me want to pick up the first novel and read it right this second!
 
From the atmosphere, to the dilapidated ship, to the magic or whatever it is being launched at the shoreline, this cover screams, "Action, Fantasy, Adventure!"  And an island of SILENCE?  *shivers with anticipation*


What do you think of my choice this week?

Comments