IMM #9: 11.06.11

IN MY MAILBOX: 11.06.11

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren because:

"I get books to read and then ultimately share my thoughts about with my readers. As much as I want to, I can’t possibly read every book I receive. Yet, I still wanted a way to feature those books on the blog, even though it might not be in the form of a review. Problem solved! Every week I'd share the books I received that week... ones I'd bought, or gotten at the library, and ones that I'd receive to review on the blog. That way I could mention titles that might not otherwise get some face-time on The Story Siren..."

I find the same thing happening at A Backwards Story. I'm so backed up on reviews atm... That's why I like these videos!

CURRENT GIVEAWAY:

Enter to win HOUSE OF NIGHT: DESTINED by P.C. & Kristin Cast

READING NOW:

Halfway through THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner

READ THIS WEEK:

*THROAT by R.A. Nelson
*THE FORBIDDEN SEA by Sheila A. Nielson
*THE CHILDE by C.A. Kunze

REVIEWED THIS WEEK:

*THROAT by R.A. Nelson

*I wrote a Guest Post for Just Contemporary Week 1 at Kat Reads



(I'm lame this week, sorry. How about I make it up later today with a new giveaway and a book review? Sound good? I thought so!)

RECEIVED THIS WEEK:


Book Loot:

*HUNTING LILA by Sarah Alderson [Purchased from BookDepo; out in the UK with no US release date at this time]
*MASTIFF by Tamora Pierce [Won from @RandomBuzzers on Twitter; out now]
*WHIRL by Emma Raveling [Won from Just Another Book Addict; out now]
*DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE by Laini Taylor [Library Loan; out now]
*WAKING STORMS by Sarah Porter [ARC from publisher; out July 3, 2012]
(I LOVED Sarah's debut novel, LOST VOICES!!!! I reviewed it HERE and did both an INTERVIEW and GUEST POST with Sarah earlier this year for two different events. I love her and can't wait to read the sequel, which sounds even better!!)
*RADIATE by Marley Gibson [ARC from publisher; out April 3, 2012]
*NEVER EIGHTEEN by Megan Bostic [ARC from publisher; out Jan. 17, 2012]
*UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi [ARC from work; out Jan. 3, 2012]
*HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand [E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out Jan. 17, 2012]
(I'm SO excited and can't wait to read this sequel! UNEARTHLY was another book I REVIEWED and loved this year...and I didn't expect to like it at ALL when I took the ARC home from work!]
*CATCHING JORDAN by Miranda Kenneally [E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out Dec. 1, 2011]
(I've wanted to read this one since seeing the author's query letter used as a "good exammple" and thinking this book sounded like fun!)
*DON'T YOU WISH by Roxanne St. Claire [E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out July 10, 2012]
*SHADOWLANDER by Theresa Meyers [E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out now]
(When I saw that Holly Root was her agent, I immediately wanted to take a peek because I love everyone she represents. When I saw that she was with Entangled Publishing, I was even more intrigued because they've had a lot of interesting titles this year!)
*DARKER STILL by Leanna Renee Hieber E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out now]
(I'll most likely buy this next week at a multi-author book signing I'm attending, but I'm excited to read it now so I can talk with the author a little!)
*THE PREDICTEDS by Christine Seifert E-ARC from publisher & NetGalley; out now]

Comments

  1. WHOA. Hot mailbox? Heck yeah!! I am insanely jealous of Under The Never Sky and Hallowed! Dying to read those <3

    I LOVE Hunting Lila and DOSAB, both amazing books. Also excited to get my hands on Darker Still. Sounds so good. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your videos. They are so fun to watch. I'm always amazed by how many books you find. How do you find time to get them read?

    Great mailbox like usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brodie: I know, right? I don't even know...I can't even... How do I keep getting so many books? And wanting them ALL? Where will I find time? lol! I believe UNDER THE NEVER SKY, EVERNEATH, and HALLOWED all went on NetGalley this week. I have the first two physically, but was lucky enough to get HALLOWED!!! I want to slip it in this week..I hope...

    I want to slip in HUNTING LILA, too! But it might be next week...same with DOSAB...


    @Grace: I can't always make the time. I get sad when a book falls to the wayside and always want to go back to it. Just this past week, I finally read THE CHILDE, which I've been trying to read since SPRING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's definitely a great IMM! I'm especially jealous of Daughter of Smoke and Bone; I keep hearing such great things about it! Want to read it so badly. ;o Happy Reading!

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books this week! Catching Jordan looks really good. I got Hallowed this week too and Under The Never Sky this morning. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great group of books. I can see why you are backed up. Here is my list:

    http://mixedbookbag.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-november-6-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. catching jordan is great!

    here's my FIRST ever IMM! stop by?! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching Jordan looks really good!!

    Come visit my IMM and enter to win an Amazon Kindle Fire!

    -Amanda
    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set! I'm especially interested in Never Eighteen and Catching Jordan.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books. What do you think of The Maze Runner so far? I really liked it, and got the second book this week! Enjoy.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to get my hands on Hallowed, but I'm staying away from netgalley so Ill just have to wait.

    Been hearing so many great things about Under the Never Sky.

    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone so much. It's definitely one of the best books I've read this year!! I hope you love it as much as I did; when books are that great, I always hope people LOVE them as much as me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great mailbox! I am really looking forward to reading Hallowed. I'm on Unearthly now, and am really enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the best mailboxes :) Your house must be filled with so many awesome books. I can't wait for Hallowed too!! More Tucker! Unearthly was such a surprise because I really wasn't expecting to like it either. I'll be looking out for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, such a huge load! I'm shamelessly jealous of your copies of Under the Never Sky and Hallowed, among others! And I still need to read Hunting Lila.

    I'm so pissed off at the HoN series, I don't think I'll be getting to Destined in the near future -___-

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool books this week! I hope you enjoy everything you got. Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!