Word Count Wednesdays (15)



Word Count Wednesday is my way of sharing my weekly writing progress with you and holding myself accountable for not giving up.

So without further ado, this week's "Word Count" for Super-Secret Project/Codename: FIZZYPOP:
(Why Fizzypop? IDEK...it sounds fun!)



This week: 2.5 pages
Total to Date: 142? pages (Must have it all typed soon so I can give you REAL data!)
Start Date: March 2, 2011

How far is this in terms of a word count? I'm not sure. I get 150-400 words per page depending on how small I'm writing and/or how many cross-outs I have. (Plus, that gets me an extra round of editing!)



Yeah, I really suck at writing right now. I haven’t really written since my last Word Count Wednesday. I got too busy reading and reviewing during Splash to do any real work. Remind me that the next event will be much shorter. (Though why do I have a feeling that next April will be crazy like this all over when Fairy Tale Fortnight comes back around…?) Last week, I spent more time reading (7 books!!) and catching up on GLEE (I’m up to episode 18 of Season 2 now…almost done!) than I did writing. This week….ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I’m in the middle of the scene I showed you a doodle of the last time I posted, and I just can’t get going again. I know there was something I wanted to do here that I can’t quite remember anymore, and I feel like the parts I’m doing now are…missing something.

Plus, I should CLEARLY never listen to music when I want to write. Because all of a sudden, I’ll be doodling the lyrics in my margins instead of writing, like this:




And then I’ll switch to non-English music thinking that my brain will filter out the words, and find myself writing THOSE lyrics down as well:



Yeah, no more music when I write. LOL. Granted, the lyrics did remind me of what was going on in my story both times, but still!!!

Then again, maybe I’m just in a doodling mood. Today, I spent more time doodling the clothing my characters were wearing and creating a ritual that I’ll detail later in my writing than I did actually, you know, writing.
Oh well, there’s always tomorrow. I want to write at least 20 pages in the next week to make up for my lackluster month. Can I do it? If I get past this lull, I sure hope so!


That's how my week went! Do you have a WIP at the moment? What was your word count this week? To date? Let's support one another! This week, I hope you were as inspired as me!!!

Comments