Word Count Wednesdays (14)



Word Count Wednesday is my way of sharing my weekly writing progress with you and holding myself accountable for not giving up.

So without further ado, this week's "Word Count" for Super-Secret Project/Codename: FIZZYPOP:
(Why Fizzypop? IDEK...it sounds fun!)



This week: 5.5 pages
Total to Date: 139.5? pages (Must have it all typed soon so I can give you REAL data!)
Start Date: March 2, 2011

How far is this in terms of a word count? I'm not sure. I get 150-400 words per page depending on how small I'm writing and/or how many cross-outs I have. (Plus, that gets me an extra round of editing!)



Not my best week, but in my defense, I’ve been sick. You might recall me hoping I wasn’t getting sick this time last week. I did. Whenever I was home, I curled up like a bum. I slept a lot more than usual and watched TV, which I rarely ever do.
I wrote the other morning and started a new scene that was a surprise even to me. I think it will be a nice one, though. Sometimes, I scribble thoughts or doodle sketches of what I’m seeing in the margins of my notebook. Here’s a random doodle from this week:



Just don’t laugh. It was seriously maybe a two-minute doodle that I didn’t spend any time on. But you can see that I’m working on another scene with my girl and her boy. They’re eating lunch by the lake and watching the ducks. It’s October and chilly, so she’s wearing his jacket around her shoulders. I haven’t gotten to that part of the scene, though, but the image of her in his jacket is what got me writing this scene in the first place. :) Now I just have to make time to write more!


That's how my week went! Do you have a WIP at the moment? What was your word count this week? To date? Let's support one another! This week, I hope you were as inspired as me!!!

Comments

  1. Sorry you were sick, hope you feel better soon. I like the sketch. I recognized the ducks right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gina! I love ducks. One of my earliest images was of ducks on a pond...but not like this! :)

    @Small: I'm 95% better now. Yay! Sucks that it's at the start of my mermaid event, though :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!