COVER CRAZY: BETWEEN TWO ENDS by David Ward




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."





Why I Love This Cover:


This cover looks AWESOME. I always love covers with books on the cover. It’s one reason I recently had a cover crazy post featuring THE BOOK OF HEROES by Miyuki Miyabe. Books about books will always make me want to read them, especially when they’re books about people sucked into classic tales such as THE ARABIAN NIGHTS. Yes, please!

After looking up the summary online, I already appreciate this cover even more. There’s an Arabian palace looming in the background, with a boy facing it, his back to us (possibly the main character). Sand is beneath his feet, and beneath that, there are books, glorious books! And then empty space, because this world was created out of those books. There’s also a random necklace floating down there. I want to know more about it because it must be important to the story!

I also like the way the sand is whipping up around the title. Each letter is raised and cracked and dirty as though made from stone. It has a bit of a 3-D effect to it.
I *love* this cover and now I really want to read this book!


What do you think? What cover are you crazy about this week?


[BETWEEN TWO ENDS is available now wherever books are sold!]

Comments

  1. I love and dislike this cover. I love the picture, but the colors are so bleh. I like bright colors that grab my attention. These colors blend into the background too easily and they make the book look old and kind of boring. But the picture! The picture is awesome! It makes the book look exciting and adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the creativity this cover displays. It sort of reminds me of Jack and the Beanstalk because of all the vines I notice in the yellow parts of the cover. My favorite aspect is the way the books are dropping off into the darkness near the bottom of the book. This book cover leaves me with LOTS of unanswered questions. I'm curious to read the book now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this cover, but like Small Review, have an issue with the colors. I like the top half and the bottom half of the cover separately, but I don't think their color schemes mesh very well. As a stickler for fonts, I love the sand mixed in with the lettering. And, of course, I love the books on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover captures my attention, that is for sure.

    ssh..I have not read the series prior, but my daughter has. I have been toying around with reading it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Small: I like the colors. It feels sandy to me. These are the colors of Agrabah in ALADDIN as well. But I loooooooooove the picture. Those books! *drool*

    @Gina: I know, this cover makes me want to know a LOT more about the story lying within!

    @Rainbow: I mentioned to Small, I sort of like the colors. It's the colors in a desert, and, for example, reminds me of the color scheme in Disney's ALADDIN, one of my favorite Disney movies. I adore the sand mixed into the letters as well. And oh, those books!

    @Ibeeeg: Oh, is this a series? I didn't realize it! I thought it was just one book. I'll have to look for the rest! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!