Cover Crazy (3)




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."


I found not one, but TWO awesome covers to love this past week! I figured I'd feature them both since there's a recurring theme.




How awesome is this cover? The title is composed of various types of makeup. Does it surprise anyone that the book takes place in LA and was written by two fashion
writers from the website www.gofugyourself.com? No, me neither. Granted, I don't glam out a lot, but I do always regularly paint my nails. Then again, it keeps me from seeing them (which means I won't bite them...I've been good since this past summer!). Right now, I'm wearing two different shades of blue on top of one another, followed by that new OPI Shatter stuff that cracks and leaves black tiger streaks. It's pretty cool! I have to redo them tomorrow before my trip, though. Considering a new purple I bought...? Anyway, I LOVE this cover! The book comes out June 1st, and if this doesn't scream light, breezy summer fun, I don't know what does.




Another summer read, this one coming out May 1st. This is such a hot, sexy, intriguing cover, don't you think? Plus, this is Libba Bray's first novel since she won the Printz! First, you have the really tan, toned, shiny girl in the bikini. And then you have what looks like a gun holster...made up of lipstick containers. If that doesn't make you do a double-take, what will? A book said to be funny with a body count taking place in the world of Beauty Pageants? This looks insanely awesome. LOVE the cover! It takes your mind in so many directions...

What awesome covers are you in love with this week?

Comments

  1. Two covers each creative/unique in its own sense. The first cover is great how it forms the title from makeup products. I like the details in the photos the designer chose. The second cover is intriguing because of the bullet holder carrying lipstick instead of bullets. I didn't notice the lipstick at first glance and yep, I did a double-take! Its really eye catching because of the oddities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Libba Bray! She is one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read this book. I actually wrote a review on Going Bovine not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Gemma Doyle series! It is one of my all time favorites. You should definitely give it a read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices! The first cover is the kind that I spend a lot of time looking at each of the letters. I like things like that.

    I like the second cover too. The book seems like it'll be The Lord of the Flies with beauty contestants or something like, oh, what's that movie called...Drop Dead Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gina: I so adore the title and how it's makeup products. It's so perfect! With the Libba Bray, I see something new every time!

    @Henrietta: Yeah, I recently bought...is Rebel Angels the title?...from a library sale. Now I just need to buy A Great and Terrible Beauty and read it! I've taken it out from the library a few times now, alas...

    @Small Review: I adore, adore each letter, especially the "S" with those false eyelashes! So creative! I think the Libba Bray might swing in a LOTF fashion, too. There was a quartet of beauty pageant books I read when I was in MS or HS....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!