Can't Wait For...THE QUEEN OF VEILS by S. Usher Evans!

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


Hi Bookworms!

Last year, I read CITY OF VEILS by S. Usher Evans and FELL IN LOVE.

The edition I have is GORGEOUS, and came from a FaeCrate subscription box:


 

If you are a fan of THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson, THE ORPHAN QUEEN by Jodi Meadows, and/or the THRONE OF GLASS series by Sarah J. Maas, you're going to need to pick this series up and start reading! It reminded me a bit of all of them in the best of ways. In fact, after finishing the first two books, I started re-reading THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS series, and then in the fall, I binge re-read Throne of Glass.

I just went to link you to my review and found a half-finished draft that I never finished and posted, oops! I'll be re-reading the series soon and will fix that. But I DO chatter a lot about it and its sequel THE VEILS OF ASHES and have review-like aspects from my Can't Wait For... post when I was excited for #3, THE VEIL OF TRUST!

Then, life got busy and I didn't get a chance to read THE VEIL OF TRUST (Plus, that Throne of Glass re-read took a month a half all by itself, eep!). Now, I'm actually really glad I didn't read the third book because I didn't realize it went from a trilogy to a quartet! I would have been stuck on ANOTHER cliffhanger!

Now, I'm excited to binge re-read the first two books and then read the third and fourth volumes this spring once I can get a hold of the new release! It's out soon, March 31st, but I buy this series in print, so it might be 2-3 extra weeks before I can have it because it's POD and not in systems until it releases. ;_; *cry me a river*

Either way, I'm crazy excited for THE QUEEN OF VEILS to release and you'll be hearing more about this excellent series soon!
~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  THE QUEEN OF VEILS
Author: Ashley Poston
Release Date: March 31, 2020
Publisher: Sun's Golden Ray Publishing



SUMMARY:


The final installment in the spellbinding Princess Vigilante series takes readers back to the city of Forcadel as Brynna makes her final play to reclaim her kingdom. Full of twists and turns, this final book will keep readers guessing until the very end. 



Here's a summary for the first book,
THE CITY OF VEILS,
for series newcomers!


Title:  THE CITY OF VEILS
Author: S. Usher Evans
Release Date: April 16, 2019
Publisher: Sun's Golden Ray Publishing




SUMMARY:

For the past three years, Brynna has been patrolling the streets of Forcadel as a masked vigilante, protecting the innocent and beating up bad guys. Her current target is Lord Beswick, a slumlord businessman who keeps the townsfolk in a vicious poverty cycle. But one fateful evening, she's captured by Felix, the captain of the king's guard, and told a shocking truth: her father and brother are dead, and she needs to hang up her mask and become queen.

Before long, she negotiates a deal with Felix: attend to her royal duties during the day and continue her vigilante mission to take out Lord Beswick at night---at least until her coronation. But the politics of Forcadel are as volatile as the streets, and Brynna isn't sure whom she can trust in the castle. With two royals dead in less than a month, she must use all her wits to make sure she isn't the third.


v

Comments