{Book Trailer Reveal} THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS by Katy Rose Pool


Hi bookworms! I'm really excited to be taking part in Macmillan Fierce Read's Book Trailer Reveal for THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS by debut author Katy Rose Pool! This book has been one of my most anticipated titles of 2019, and I was very lucky to get a copy at this year's Book Expo. I saw a sneak peek of this trailer earlier this week and my WANT for this book surged all over again, so I picked up my advance copy and just finished reading this baby yesterday!

Readers everywhere are in for a real treat with this book, especially if they love books with rich, diverse ensemble casts! This book has been comped to so many things, from GRACELING to THRONE OF GLASS to CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE to AN EMBER IN THE ASHES to the TV series Avatar the Last Airbender. To me, this exciting new series stands on its own and is hard to fit into a mold, and I'd be hesitant to comp it to other titles, but the author has an immersive new voice that will suck you in and make it hard to put down! I can't wait to do a fuller review for you closer to release once I can pull my thoughts together!

Plus, it doesn't hurt that the cover is GORGEOUS. The advance copy is shiny and silver and I can't wait to see how stunning it looks in person. (I'm hoping we have a secret embossing underneath the cover on top of all the other design elements for this one!) After reading the book, so many elements on the cover make so much sense and I love it even more!

Are you salivating yet? Here's a book trailer and another peek at the official synopsis to tide you over until this baby lands in stores. Thankfully, we're only a month (and a day) out from publication!


Here's the awesome new book trailer:

YouTube Link



PREORDER CAMPAIGN:

When you preorder THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS and upload your receipt to Macmillan Fierce Reads, you'll receive a deck of character scrying cards based on the novel:    



Pre-order and upload the receipt today while supplies last!

  ~*~

O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title: THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS
Author: Katy Rose Pool
Release Date: September 3, 2019
Publisher: Henry Holt / Macmillan
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41823536-there-will-come-a-darkness

SUMMARY:

The Age of Darkness approaches.
Five lives stand in its way.
Who will stop it... or unleash it?


For generations, the Seven Prophets guided humanity. Using their visions of the future, they ended wars and united nations―until the day, one hundred years ago, when the Prophets disappeared.

All they left behind was one final, secret prophecy, foretelling an Age of Darkness and the birth of a new Prophet who could be the world’s salvation . . . or the cause of its destruction. As chaos takes hold, five souls are set on a collision course:

A prince exiled from his kingdom. A ruthless killer known as the Pale Hand. A once-faithful leader torn between his duty and his heart. A reckless gambler with the power to find anything or anyone. And a dying girl on the verge of giving up.

One of them―or all of them―could break the world. Will they be savior or destroyer? Perfect for fans of Throne of Glass, Children of Blood and Bone, and An Ember in the Ashes.




Comments