Five Books I'll Read This Summer Are...

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
Top Books I'll Read This Summer


One of my favorite TTT topics is "The Top Books We'll Read This Season" after the seasons change, because it's not all about the new books that haven't even come out yet, but about some older titles as well. (Although, sorry, I have three July books, a June book, and a late May book on my list, so I didn't do too good about my TBR backlist in this post! ^^;)

There are so, SO many books I want to read at the moment. And I know that if I say, "I will read X, Y, and Z," I probably will get a mind block and not read most of them because I suddenly won't be in the mood, lol. Do you get like that?  I've also been reading a lot more slowly than normal, so the time isn't there and a huge list is kind of daunting. So we'll do FIVE today, okay?

Plus, I just picked up a TON of fall titles at the Book Expo and I want to read quite a few of them, and I have a lot of digital ARCs (Advancing Reading Copies) that I'm ready to dive into, but for this list, I only wanted to list books that are OUT that you can buy and read this summer, too, you know? (Or are coming out in July, because July is, like, next week and three of them are in my immediate TBR!)  It's not always just about brand-new books! 



In no particular order...



1) MAYBE THIS TIME by Kasie West





This is my current read. I wound up catching a bug and being sick the past five days, so I'm only maybe a chapter in, so I'll probably read most of it this week. First book of summer, whoot!

I love a good contemporary for summer, don't you? Especially when it's from my girl Kasie West!

This one comes out in two weeks on July 9th! (How is next week July already!?)

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41473823-maybe-this-time

2) THE BEST LIES by Sarah Lyu





I just received a review copy of this in the mail yesterday. It comes out this coming Tuesday, July 2nd, and I had never heard about it before. It's a YA thriller about a girl whose boyfriend is now dead...and her best friend was the one to pull the trigger. It sounds intriguing, and I'm probably going to read it next while I'm in contemporary mode, so hopefully I can tell you more about this one soon! 



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40525361-the-best-lies


3) THE RISE OF KYOSHI by F.C. Yee






We have a touch longer to wait for this one; it's out July 16th. I should be getting a review copy any day now, and plan to read it ASAP. I've been SO excited for this book. I loved Avatar: The Last Airbender and am so intrigued that there is a new story set in the world, and that it goes into the past and revolves around Avatar Kyoshi!

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41104164-the-rise-of-kyoshi


4) OATH TAKER by Audrey Grey



This one is out RIGHT NOW and recommended for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Victoria Schwab! I saw a discussion on the author recently on social media, and people were talking about how they enjoyed her books. I hadn't heard of her before, but the cover and comps and summary immediately caught my eye. THEN there was an Instagram tour (I'm assuming, because a lot of people I follow posted about it on the same day) and I was like, okay, mine! I'm assuming it must be a Kindle-exclusive ebook because I couldn't get it on my Nook. So instead, I ordered a print copy and it just arrived over the weekend. This one is definitely in my future this summer! 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44163860-oath-taker


5) SORCERY OF THORNS by Margaret Rogerson



I think this is one a LOT of us will be reading this summer! It just came out earlier this month and it was/will be in SO MANY book subscription boxes. I know I've already gotten it in the two I subscribe to atm! PLUS I have the ARC. So there are three copies sitting in my house waiting to be read. I'm hopeful I can pick this up very soon! I also bought her debut novel AN ENCHANTMENT OF RAVENS when it first came out and didn't get a chance to read it, so I'd like to read that this summer as well. I even came across it recently when looking for something else, so it's a sign!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42201395-sorcery-of-thornshttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30969741-an-enchantment-of-ravens



What books are you excited to read this summer???
 ^_^


Comments