Can't Wait For..INTO THE CROOKED PLACE by Alexandra Christo!

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings to spotlight and discuss the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine.


Hi Bookworms!

Last year, my two absolute favorite books of the year were CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE by Tomi Adeyemi and TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo. (And ironically, both were published on the same day from the same publisher!) TKAK was a stand-alone, and the author mentioned she had another book in the works, but no details had been released.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even care what it was or what it would be about. Part of why I loved TKAK so much was due to the author's writing style, and I knew I would be picking up whatever was next immediately.
(And if you haven't read the amazing TKAK, I highly recommend checking it out! Here is my review!)

This past week, the cover and a full summary dropped for her new book, INTO THE CROOKED PLACE, which comes out October 8th, 2019. Oh, and it's a duology, so we get two of them! ❤ The summary is below, but first, this cover:



I really like the tagline and I'm intrigued by the stylistic choices -- it's very different from what's out there, and I wonder if there will be embossing! And don't your eyes go right to that clock tower?

I'm really excited that it's comping to SIX OF CROWS by Leigh Bardugo, too. You guys know I really enjoy books with a similar feel like ROYAL BASTARDS by Andrew Shvarts (I mean, hey, the finale was last week's WOW!), AS SHE ASCENDS by Jodi Meadows, and, most recently, THE GILDED WOLVES by Roshani Chokshi. I'm absolutely ready for more books in that vein, and check out this summary, because it will intrigue you as much as it did me!

~*~
O F F I C I A L   I N F O:

Title:  INTO THE CROOKED PLACE
Author: Alexandra Christo
Release Date: October 8, 2019
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends / Macmillan




SUMMARY:

INTO THE CROOKED PLACE begins a gritty two-book YA fantasy series from Alexandra Christo, the author of TO KILL A KINGDOM.

The streets of Creije are for the deadly and the dreamers, and four crooks in particular know just how much magic they need up their sleeve to survive.

Tavia, a busker ready to pack up her dark-magic wares and turn her back on Creije for good. She’ll do anything to put her crimes behind her.

Wesley, the closest thing Creije has to a gangster. After growing up on streets hungry enough to swallow the weak whole, he won’t stop until he has brought the entire realm to kneel before him.

Karam, a warrior who spends her days watching over the city’s worst criminals and her nights in the fighting rings, making a deadly name for herself.

And Saxony, a resistance fighter hiding from the very people who destroyed her family, and willing to do whatever it takes to get her revenge.

Everything in their lives is going to plan, until Tavia makes a crucial mistake: she delivers a vial of dark magic—a weapon she didn’t know she had—to someone she cares about, sparking the greatest conflict in decades. Now these four magical outsiders must come together to save their home and the world, before it’s too late. But with enemies at all sides, they can trust nobody. Least of all each other. 




Comments