If I could only buy THREE books for the rest of the year...!?

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
If You Could Only Buy THREE Books for the Rest of the Year, What Would They Be?

Okay, this is ***NOT*** a TTT topic. I'm not sure what this week's topic is, TBH. Over the weekend, I was thinking: If I could only buy five books for the rest of the year, what would I buy?

There are three that are instant musts, no matter what. I felt it all the way to my bones.

There are other books I really, really want to read and authors I really want to support coming out, so how can I choose a fourth and fifth slot? WE HUNT THE FLAME by Hafsah Faizal would be fourth, because it's the 2019 debut I'm most excited for, but there are other debuts I'm coveting, too...

...and the fifth slot would probably go to a final book, but how can I pick between books like SUPERNOVA by Marissa Meyer, when RENEGADES was one of my top favorite books of 2017 (Though I still haven't had time to read ARCHENEMIES and it KILLS me) and THE BURNING WHITE by Brent Weeks, a series I've been reading and collecting since for somewhere between 7-9 years and waiting to read as it goes from three to four to five books and is finally ending?

There are other books that were ALMOST contenders, too, and seriously, how do I pick??? So I decided to do THREE.

I would love to hear what you would narrow it down to if you could only pick a short number like three or five! What becomes THE most important to you?




THE STARLESS SEA by Erin Morgenstern
Out November 5, 2019




I need this book. Desperately. I have since before I knew what it was about. I loved, loved LOVED Erin Morgenstern's THE NIGHT CIRCUS so much. It's in my Top 20 all-time favorite books list. I have desperately needed her to write another book, and she finally has. This book is about BOOKS and libraries and sounds enchanting. I already know that I probably need multiple editions. 

I have a first edition hardcover of both the US and UK releases and I am waiting for the cover drop of the UK edition and to find out if it will look "special" like the UK edition did (It had a ribbon, black stained pages, a hidden book tattoo beneath its jacket, and beautiful endpages! The cover just revealed for the US edition, and I can't wait to see the final copy because I have a feeling all those "dull" colors will be embossed gold and silver! 

I have said multiple times that if I can only get one book at BEA this year, it's this book. I hope it will be there. I hope the author herself will be there so I can tell her how amazing she is and how much her book has meant to me! 

This is the book I need down to my bones this year in every form I can have it!

My Review of THE NIGHT CIRCUS
(A stand-alone novel you WON'T have to read in order to read this!)

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42730332-the-starless-sea

CHILDREN OF VIRTUE AND VENGEANCE

Out  December 3, 2019




CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE was tied for my #1 place on my 2018 reading list for almost the entire year last year. I read it very early and its characters and world building sunk in their teeth and never let go.


I've been itching for a re-read and can't wait to do so later this year.

I already have my B&N Exclusive Edition pre-ordered to match my exclusive copy of COBAB.

This is a book I need to read the nano-second it's in my hand!

My Review of CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39122774-children-of-virtue-and-vengeance

FINALE
Out May 7, 2019




CARAVAL was one of my Top 5 favorite books of the year when it debuted in 2017. In 2018, the sequel, LEGENDARY was again in my Top 5 -- and somehow even better than the first book. I have needed the final book, appropriately entitled FINALE, since the moment I finished LEGENDARY.

This past weekend, I treated myself to a re-read of both CARAVAL and LEGENDARY and loved them so much. THEN I picked up FINALE, which I'm reading now, but it was one of those moments where I was like, "I desperately want to read this. More than any other book right now in my possession. But this is the final book. I'm not ready to say goodbye. I don't want to read this at all, actually. Except, I really do." 

Do you ever have that feeling when a book is finally in your hands that you've been coveting?

I love this series so much that I paid a crazy price to import a special edition box from Fairyloot. AND I bought the Owlcrate box, too. My first ever special boxes! I hope they'll be worth it. I want all the merch though, lol! I also have the B&N Exclusive Edition pre-ordered because I probably won't want to read either of my special copies... ^^;;;

My Review of CARAVAL
My "Sneak Peek" of my feelings regarding LEGENDARY

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40381392-finale




What books would YOU choose if you couldn't buy more than FIVE this year? 
(Or REALLY challenge yourself with three!)
 ^_^
 

Comments