Trailer drops for BBC mini-series His Dark Materials, featuring THE GOLDEN COMPASS by Philip Pullman

Growing up, my two favorite book series in the entire world were Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials and C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia. I've read them so many times over the years that they're in tatters.

I have been eagerly following the development of the upcoming BBC mini-series that plans to develop His Dark Materials over three seasons, beginning with eight episodes making up the events of the first book in the trilogy, THE GOLDEN COMPASS (Which, yes, was previously a pretty badly adapted movie starring Nicole Kidman).

Periodically, I'll go to look up news, since it was originally estimated to be premiering much earlier than 2019. I recently saw that in the USA, the series has been picked up for distribution at HBO. This leads me to assume we won't see the series before summer or fall, after Game of Thrones comes to its epic finale this spring.

Yesterday, we finally got our very first teaser trailer for the series. It's finally REAL. I am so, so, SO stoked.

Take a peek:



Ah, I want it now! (Complete with a Veruca Salt footstomp!)

And that cast! Dafne Keen (Logan) stars as Lyra, rounded out by the adults in her life, played by James McAvoy, Ruth Wilson, Clarke Peters, and Lin-Manuel Miranda.We even get a brief peek at Lyra's Alethiometer!

Are you guys anticipating this new series as much as I am? I can't wait for an official street date!

Comments