Ten Things I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!

This week's topic:
 Ten Things I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree

I haven't asked for a LOT of books this year, but here are few that I requested from my dad. I'm weird and like to "remember" who gave me a present. So I don't ask for random books that I just want to read, and instead, ask my dad to buy various series for me. That way every book by that author is "from him" and I remember!!

I've also thrown the books I asked for back in August from my #OTSPSecretSister into the mix because who knows, maybe it's in this month's box--or next! Every time I get a box from my Sister, it's like Santa sent me a surprise anyway, right??


In no particular order...



1) CRYSTAL STORM by Morgan Rhodes




The penultimate book in the Falling Kingdoms series is here!!!! My dad gives me the new book in this series every year for Christmas--and I get the spin-off series in the summer from him for my birthday!!!

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23367261-crystal-storm

2) TOWER OF THORNS by Juliet Marillier


I discovered Juliet Marillier when a lot of her books were already out in paperback, so that's how I've been reading her all this time. So every time a new book of hers releases in paperback, I've been asking my dad for it as a Christmas present!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22567177-tower-of-thorns

3) THE MIDNIGHT STAR by Marie Lu





Another book I've asked my dad for! My dad has been kind enough to buy every book Marie Lu has ever written for me, and it's always a Christmas present from him. This year, Barnes and Noble had a Black Friday signed copy, and he got me a signed copy last year on Black Friday, too, so I'm hoping!!!

I've already read this and it's such a good series closure!!!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28588345-the-midnight-star

4) SACRIFICE by Cindy Pon


Last year, I asked my dad for SERPENTINE by Cindy Pon because I loved her previous duology and was so excited she was writing something new!!! THEN I decided to wait until both books were out in the duology and read them together. So I'm hoping my dad helps me conclude the series this year for Christmas!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28537304-sacrifice


5) FURTHERMORE by Tahereh Mafi


I've wanted to read this since I heard about it, and even more since hearing that it was influenced by Alice in Wonderland!

My co-blogger Mandy read and planned to review it last month during A Week of Wonderland, but decided it wasn't quite Alice enough, so she'll be reviewing it soon.

But she LOVED it, and I can't wait to pick up my copy in February and finally read it if my #OTSPSecretSister doesn't pick it up first! 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28110143-furthermore

6) THIS SAVAGE SONG by Victoria Schwab





When I asked my Sister for this, I figured I could wait to get my hands on it. I had an e-ARC and my book club was reading it! Then...I had no time and I didn't read it and...the e-ARC expired. So now I'll probably wait until I have both books and read them together, but I can't wait to finally own a copy of this book because I have all of Victoria's amazing novels!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23299512-this-savage-song

7) MARKED by Jenny Martin


I really liked the first book, TRACKED, and have been wanting to re-read it and first-read MARKED! I'm not a huge Nascar type of person, but this book mixed racing with fantasy so well, and I really loved it! I need to know more!! Another book I can't wait until February to buy!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26150765-marked

8) FROST LIKE NIGHT by Sara Raasch





Yet another book I'll be rushing to buy in February!! I read the first book, SNOW LIKE ASHES, when it first came out, and decided to wait until all three were out to binge the series together in one gulp. I'm ready to read this series!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28512486-frost-like-night

9) FATE OF FLAMES by Sarah Raughley


If Buffy was a Senshi with Avatar the Last Airbender-style magic, this would be her story. The concept for this one is really exciting and I'm excited to pick it up in the new year if I don't receive it before then! 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28954021-fate-of-flames

10) THE SLEEPING PRINCE by Melinda Salisbury


I bought THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER on my nook when it was on sale, and now I need to buy the rest of these books digitally. Although aren't these covers gorgeous!? It's sad seeing them in black and white on my nook. BUT MY BOOKS MUST MATCH IN FORMAT!!!! I'm hoping my Sister might send an e-copy of THE SLEEPING PRINCE so I can continue this series! The third book is coming out soon, and I'd like to be ready to read it!  E-books are a lot harder to gift, though, especially when you own a nook and not a Kindle, because while you can do it on the website, it's probably not anonymous. You can buy an ebook anonymously in the store and get a redemption code, but not everyone has a store near them! So I'll likely be picking this one up on my own--and that's okay! ^_^ But it would be a nice surprise, lol!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26625494-the-sleeping-prince



What books are you hoping to receive this holiday season???
 ^_^
 

Comments