True Story: I haven't read in...over a month!?!?

Want to hear a scary true story?

I haven't read much of anything in over a month now.

During the holidays, it's understandable. Shopping, get-togethers, preparation, and all-around busy bee syndrome. According to my last two monthly previews, I read nine books in November and four (plus a novella) in December. My average is 15-20 books in a month.

This month, I have read...nothing. Zilch.

I'm WORKING on it, don't get me wrong. I started re-reading THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski and am currently reading BOOKISHLY EVER AFTER by Isabel Bandeira. I also started reading an e-novella entitled THE BURNING HAND by Jodi Meadows. Have I finished any of them? Nope.

The only thing I have finished reading is FINDING WINNIE by Lindsay Mattick,which is a picture book. Doesn't quite count the way it should, does it? Great book, though. I'll definitely be reviewing it soon!

(And how can I review books if I haven't READ any!? Granted, I could review so many books I never got around to last year, but I've forgotten so many details that they wouldn't be as good!)

I think a lot of this stems from the fact that I was sick yet AGAIN this month, and it took a lot out of me. I've also been spending free time catching up on TV shows such as Agent Carter and Galavant so I could watch the new seasons. (December's excuse was holiday reading.) It's not that I don't WANT to. In fact, there are several books I'm DYING to read...and many digital ARCs about to expire on my nook, too!!!

I'd been reading THE WINNER'S CURSE, but put it down because someone asked me if I wanted to read something special "right away," but only if I wasn't reading anything atm. I was barely into TWC, so I put it down...but it's been a week and I still don't have it, lol. So maybe I should pick it up again? That's why I decided to start BOOKISHLY EVER AFTER this past weekend, since it's not a series with a long investment period. Plus, contemporary novels typically read fast!

In the end, it has nothing to do with lack of interest or a reading slump (I don't think?) or any of the usual culprits that prevent us from reading. It's more a lack of time/inclination.

Buuuuuuuut there are still 12 days left in the month. Maybe I can at least match December's four books!?

What cures would you recommend?


Comments