{Mad About Nails} "Crushed Candy" By JulieG // Jesse's Girl


I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).

Welcome back to another edition of Mad About Nails! 

It's been a while since I posted about nails!

(And I STILL have to post about my Sarah J. Maas nails from the May launch party...oops? ^^;;)

Buuuuuuuut I have worn pretty much ONE nail polish all month!!!

Wearing "Crushed Candy" by JulieG // Jesse's Girl from the Frosted Gum Drops Collection!
(Sorry, this is not-very-good night-time lighting. It's much brighter and more sparkly!
The texture is also fading b/c this manicure is a few days old. Sorry about that!!)


For the last three weeks, rather than take off my polish, I've been touching up with the same one, "Crushed Candy" by JulieG (An imprint of Jesse's Girl and sold exclusively at Rite-Aid or the Jesse's Girl website).

As some of you know, June has been SUPER busy for me. I don't often have a lot of free time on my days off--especially not for something as time-consuming as painting my nails! It takes a while for nails to dry, and I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT if I'm cleaning out the attic/doing massive laundry/going out/etc.

THANK GOODNESS FOR TEXTURED NAIL POLISH. When you're on the run, you can throw on some textured polish, no base OR top coat required, and you're good to go in 5-10 minutes. SUPER EASY, SUPER FAST, SUPER CLEAN. It's pretty much all I had time for!
And THEN I was lazy and just kept redoing the chipped nails with the same color and leaving the other nails alone...

BUT!!!

I have gotten SO MANY compliments about "Crushed Candy." Everyone LOVES this color!!!! So I also haven't wanted to take it off, even as I HAVE wanted to wear some of my brand-new polishes. It's just so simple and easy!

When I first grabbed "Crushed Candy," I actually thought I was grabbing my non-textured metallic pink from Julie G entitled "Pink Tiara." I always get a lot of compliments on that color, too. It wasn't until I took a bottle shot to show you guys that I realized I was wearing something else! ^^;;;

I actually wish I had bought more than one color in the Frosted Gum Drop Collection! Especially "Blueberry Fizz" and "Tangerine Dream." Unless it was added to the core collection, making it readily available at my local Rite-Aid, I may have to place an online order soon!! Thank goodness they're still online! And, ooh, new core colors....I might be able to get free shipping!
*Someone stop me...*

 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now? 


Comments