{Waiting on Wednesday} COLD HANDS, WARM HEART by Jill Wolfson



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!

Title: COLD HANDS, WARM HEART
Author: Jill Wolfson
Release Date: Oct. 20, 2012
Publisher: Square Fish/Macmillan

 

WHY?

For one thing, this cover is made of AWESOME.  I love the fact that the heart is made out of two fingerprints, one in black, the other in red.  One in life, the other in death.  I love that both the title COLD HANDS, WARM HEART and the tagline "sudden death ... sudden life" mimic this color scheme so perfectly, but in mirror image.  I like the uneven slant of the letters in both the title and author's name.  That alone makes me want this!

Then, the summary.  I've never heard of someone born with a heart on the wrong side of his/her body before.  It makes me want to know more immediately.  I like that one of the main characters is a competitive gymnast, too.  Gymnastics has always intrigued me (Yes, I do watch MAKE IT OR BREAK IT and was excited to see a TV show about gymnastics... And I'm looking forward to the 2012 Olympic coverage in London!).  I'm so intrigued by these two different characters and want to see how "their worlds collide," as promised in the summary.

I've never heard of this book before, but apparently it came out in 2009.  It's been repackaged and will finally be coming out in paperback and ebook form this fall.  I just saw a local library listing it and got really excited, though I'm also sad that the original cover isn't as amazing.

Oh, how I want to read this one!!  Have any of you read it?


SUMMARY: 


Dani was born with her heart on the wrong side of her body. In her fifteen years of life, she's had more doctor's appointments, X-rays, and tests, and eaten more green hospital Jell-O than she cares to think about. Fourteen-year-old Amanda is a competitive gymnast, her body a small package of sleek muscles, in perfect health. The two girls don't know each other, don't go to the same school, don't have any friends in common. But their lives are about to collide. Acclaimed author Jill Wolfson tackles this fascinating story with her trademark honesty and wit.


What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. WOW! This one does look amazing!!

    Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that looks like a cute read! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the symbolism in the cover. It's really creative & unique. Although this isn't my normal type of book, it does sound interesting.

    Here's my TT If you'd like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this book. Awesome pick Bonnie.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!