Waiting on Wednesday: THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!



Title: THE SELECTION
Author: Kiera Cass
Release Date: April 24, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Add it:
Goodreads

WHY?

I've been wanting to read this one for a long time based on the summary. After seeing the cover last week (Um, I glomped love all over it on Monday, as you might recall), I want this even more! Kingdoms! Princes! Dystopian! Yes!! I want, I want, I WANT!!

...Is it April yet?


SUMMARY:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.




What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. Sounds like a dystopian fairy tale ;) And the cover is beautiful. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking forward to this one! That name, that concept, that cover...! :D

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sonds like such a fabulous book!! Have to add it to my Wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want this as well. Great choice!

    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the cover around the blogosphere lately and I've fallen in love with it, but I haven't actually read the synopsis until now. And OMG, does this book sound super awesome or what? It got me at kingdom + princes + dystopian! Should be an interesting combo! Can't wait to read it!

    Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide which is more alluring -- the cover or the book description? Either way, I am hooked!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the premise of this one, and the reflections happening in the cover are cool. But the dress is so not my style, LOL...too poofy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got some serious cover love going on over here, and I'm loving the premise. Totally need this book.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the cover for this. Maybe one of my favourite 2012 reveals so far, it's stunning. And the dress is so pretty! <3 I love me some dystopian and The Selection definitely sounds like it will satisfy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is popular as well. Great pick. Like the blurb and plot line of this book.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! I'd buy this just for the cover alone!! Fantastic choice!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally awesome!!!

    here's my WOW post. stop by??!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen this one a few times now. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I AM SO AMAZINGLY IN LOVE WITH THIS COVER. The dress reminds me of Cinderella's dress in that ghd commercial a few years back, which I swooned over like mad.

    Plus, yeah, the summary sounds fantastic. Can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!