BookExpo 2018 Round-Up!

Hi Bookworms!

Hopefully you follow me on my YouTube Channel, because I was bad about posting here as I uploaded each video, and just posted there.

So today, I'm rounding up all of the videos that talk all about the brilliant new books coming your way this fall so that you can get your TBR Nightstand ready for some new arrivals!

First, if adult books are your jam, 
here is the Adult Buzz Panel:

(I always love this one because I don't read enough Adult titles and this points out to the best of the best to look out for. One of my all-time favorite reads, THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern, was discovered at this panel! At this year's panel, I'm most excited for SHE WOULD BE KING and MAID!)




Secondly, if YA is your fave, 
here's the YA Buzz Panel:

You guys know this is my favorite panel! This year, oh, this year! I want to read all of these, but especially THE GIRL KING and GIRLS OF PAPER AND FIRE!



Day One Book Haul:

First thing in the morning, my day was ALREADY made as I scored a ticket to meet the amazing men behind Broadway's hit musical Dear Evan Hansen. And then I actually got to MEET them, and it was a heart-stopping moment. I also picked up ARCs from two favorite authors, Diane Setterfield (ONCE UPON A RIVER) and Jodi Picoult (A SPARK OF LIGHT). The best new discovery of the day was THE SISTERS OF THE WINTER WOOD by Rena Rossner -- and then I got to meet her on panel with Naomi Novik and Laini Taylor and BE STILL MY HEART!




Day Two Book Haul:

Day Two was busy because in the afternoon, I did the two hour Speed Date with a Publicst and heard about (and brought home!) so. many. books! But I still found some great stuff on the floor as well! My favorite discovery was a publicist talking up THE TRAIN TO IMPOSSIBLE PLACES by P.G. Bell, which sounded so good!

YouTube Link

Day Two:
Speed Date with a Publicist Panel

This is my second year doing this panel and I learned about SO MANY great new books. I love that this year, they incorporated a couple of YA titles. I'm always sad I can't get into the YA Speed Date Panel since I'm not ABA, but I can at least do this one. And it's good for me to learn about more adult titles to review now that I review for BWW, plus, more to recommend at work, you know? The most interesting titles were THE BOY AT THE KEYHOLE by Stephen Giles, BOOMER1 by Daniel Torday (Ripped from this year's headlines!), THE ART OF LOSING by Lizzy Mason (Go Lizzy!!! SO happy to see her featured here!), THE 7 1/2 DEATHS OF EVELYN HARDCASTLE by Stuart Turton, which everyone has been buzzing about this year, THE PRIORY OF THE ORANGE TREE by Samantha Shannon (I never read her BONE SEASON series and thought this was a part of it, so I didn't grab it on the trade floor, but should have because it sounds awesome!), and SAMUEL JOHNSON'S ETERNAL RETURN by Martin Riker You guys know this is my favorite panel! This year, oh, this year!

YouTube Link

The Disney Dinner:

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the Disney Dinner and I felt so out of my element because it was so fancy, but also so honored to be there. They brought eight of their authors, including Rick Riordan, and it was amazing! I also got to chat with Alexandra Bracken, who I'll interview in August on BroadwayWorld when The Darkest Minds hits theaters! What an incredible night!


The Macmillan Fierce Reads Happy Hour:


I love this invitation every year because I get to meet some amazing authors, the publicists I've worked with all year, and other fantastic bloggers! This year, I got to meet Tomi Adeyemi and tell her that CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE is one of my favorite books of the year! I also got to see favorites such as Marissa Meyer and Leigh Bardugo!

YouTube Link


Which books from BEA sound the most interesting to you?

Comments