My Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year Are...

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!
This week's topic:
Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year!

This is always a favorite topic of mine. And a hard one, too!!!

It can be really hard to figure out which books I loved most...and it can be really fun to go back at the end of the year and see which titles made my Top 10 of the YEAR, since I still haven't met so many of them yet! 

In no particular order...

1) A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas


Okay, this list is in no particular order, but #1 is #1!!! So far, ACOMAF is my favorite book of 2016. I won't be surprised to see a lot of other bloggers saying that this week, either. It's all anyone is buzzing about. This book has been #1 on the NYT Best Sellers List for the last SIX weeks for good reason, you guys. My heart. Just....there are no words. None. Even now. But I loved this book SO much!!!

I couldn't find the words for a review, but I gushed about ACOMAF when recommending what to read to overcome the ACOMAF Hangover, so there is that!!! ^.~

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24337.Ella_Enchanted

2) RUINED by Amy Tintera

 RUINED was so hard for me to put down once I'd picked it up, and I loved the author's writing style. I want the sequel already, and am bummed I have to wait until next year to finish this duology! I enjoyed this book so much that I went and read Tintera's first duology, REBOOT and REBEL, just because.

My Review


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14358.A_Ring_of_Endless_Light

3) REIGN OF SHADOWS by Sophie Jordan


I didn't know quite what to expect when I picked up REIGN OF SHADOWS. It sounded like I could love it or hate it. I'd been indifferent to FIRELIGHT and never got around to finishing Sophie Jordan's debut teen fantasy series a few years ago. I also have never read any of her adult romance novels. I didn't really have any expectations, and so REIGN OF SHADOWS surpassed them all. I really enjoyed the first book in Jordan's new trilogy and can't wait to read more!

My Review

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/703292.The_Witch_of_Blackbird_Pond

4) TRIX AND THE FAERIE QUEEN by Alethea Kontis


This book reminded me of why I love Alethea Kontis so much. I am obsessed with her Woodcutter Sister series and didn't realize how much I missed it until I read the second of Trix's books. And some of the new additions to this world.........oh my!!!! I need more books set in this world right now!

My Review

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43814-the-chronicles-of-narnia-chronological-order


5) IVORY AND BONE by Julie Eshbaugh


I haven't reviewed this one yet, but will be soon! I was lucky enough to attend Julie Eshbaugh's launch party for IVORY AND BONE, and it was definitely a memorable night. I love how unique and different this book is. I haven't read a book set in the Prehistoric era before, and it was so interesting to me!

https://www.goodreads.com/series/44427-his-dark-materials

6) EMERGE by Tobie Easton


EMERGE was one of the most innovative mermaid novels I've read in a long time---and you guys know I've read a lot of mermaid novels! I loved how mermaids were twisted up into a contemporary setting and tied so closely to the tale of The Little Mermaid. I was also a huge fan of the lore Easton brought to the world and the way she brought her mer to life!

My Review
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3636.The_Giver

7) THE MIRROR KING by Jodi Meadows


Such a great follow-up/finale to THE ORPHAN QUEEN!!! I love all of Jodi's books, and they just get better and better. She has romance, heartbreak, action, adventure...everything. I wish her books were more well-known and loved because they are SO good!!!

My Interview with Jodi Meadows
(I still need to review this because I didn't take notes when I read it and need to re-read it. Ooops....but yay? ^^;;;)


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess

8) WITHERING ROSE by Kaitlyn Davis


I love how Kaitlyn Davis took the idea of one of my favorite fairy tales, Beauty and the Beast, and turned it sideways while simultaneously flipping it upside down. It was such a unique concept, and I love the way our Beauty is cursed and literally wasting away and being destroyed from within. It was a great stand-alone in the Once Upon a Curse series, and I'm excited for the next book in 2017!

My Review


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3636.The_Giver

9) THE FAIREST POISON by Lauren Skidmore


I really like the twists and changes in the Snow White tale, and especially the scene with the poison apple!!! I hope Lauren Skidmore sets more books in this world! I even went backwards and read her first two novels, also set in this world. And the use of masks in all three books is really different and interesting!

My Review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess

10) SWATCH: THE GIRL WHO LOVED COLOR by Julia Denos


Sometimes, a picture book takes me completely by surprise and makes me fall head over heels in love. SWATCH: The Girl Who Loved Color is one of those books. It's breath-takingly gorgeous, a work of art in and of itself. I wanted to reach into this book, dive into the colors, and come out a rainbowy blob. I was jealous of Swatch for befriending the colors. I loved the message and moral of the story. SWATCH is one of those picture books that you and the kids will find yourselves reaching for over and over. Destined to be a keeper!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3008.A_Little_Princess 

SPECIAL MENTION!!!!
 
I read these books way back in 2015, but they released in 2016 and THEY ARE SO GOOD. 
They belong on this list. Maybe I didn't read them this year, but they ARE 2016 favorite releases!!!

1) TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard


I'd been wanting to read a book by Susan Dennard for so long, and TRUTHWITCH didn't let me down!!! Elemental magic is always fantabulous in my book! Plus, I'm not a very visual reader, but this book was SO visual to me. Very Avatar: The Last Airbender, with a scene that reminded me of a big boss fight in Final Fantasy X and a character who reminds me of Storm from the X-Men franchise. What's not to love!?


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24337.Ella_Enchanted

2) THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS by Marieke Nijkamp


THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS is a hard book, not an easy book. It's even harder to think about this week, when the horrors of Orlando are still sending ripple effects through our nation. And I really don't want to talk about guns or shootings right now. But this book is amazing and so important, and it still needs to be read and talked about!


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14358.A_Ring_of_Endless_Light

3) THE SHADOW QUEEN by C.J. Redwine



You know I love my fairy tales! ....Especially when they're different. With all the fantasy and magic and dragons present in THE SHADOW QUEEN, it was definitely a retelling of Snow White that I haven't seen before! I'm really excited that C.J. Redwine will be writing other stand-alone fairy tales set in this universe!!!


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/703292.The_Witch_of_Blackbird_Pond
 
...What are your favorite books of 2016 so far!?
 ^_^
 

Comments