|Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.|
Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either
1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!
This week's topic:
Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Re-Design
I had actually planned to post a review today, but you know how much I adore talking about cover design, so...
Which covers do *I* wish I could re-design because they bother me?
In no particular order...
2) The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer
(I was originally going to review these during an event that...never happened. Neither did this. Oops? ^^;)
3) ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins
My Reviews Of: ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS, LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR
4) The Re-Design on Jackson Pearce's Fairytale Retellings Series
Those were truly stunning and innovative. I wish the publisher would hire the original designer to create dust jackets that could be sold for those who wanted them, or for a limited edition re-release. Shannon Hale's publisher did it with FOREST BORN. Why can't this happen again? ;_;
My Reviews Of: SISTERS RED, SWEETLY, FATHOMLESS
5) HEART'S BLOOD by Juliet Marillier
6) LETTERS TO NOWHERE by Julie Cross
7) The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
They DID try at first. The hardcover was pretty unusual, but didn't sell as well as they wanted:
And, at least, it was better than the ARC with the initial design:
But none of these make my blood pulse and think ACTION! What about you?
My Reviews Of: DELIRIUM, PANDEMONIUM
8) The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
My Reviews Of: WITHER, FEVER
9) The Newsoul Trilogy by Jodi Meadows
My Reviews Of: INCARNATE, ASUNDER
10) THE NIGHT ITSELF by Zoë Marriott
My Reviews Of: THE SWAN KINGDOM, DAUGHTER OF THE FLAMES, FROSTFIRE, SHADOWS ON THE MOON
What books sport YOUR least-favorite covers?
Do you disagree with any of my choices! Let's discuss! ^_^