Waiting on Wednesday: REVEL by Maurissa Guibord



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. This event highlights our most-wanted upcoming releases!

Title: REVEL
Author: Maurissa Guibord
Release Date: Feb. 12, 2013
Publisher: Random House / Delacorte

 

WHY?

I have been wanting this book SO BADLY for SUCH A LONG TIME.  Like, before it was even finished being written.  I loved Maurissa Guibord's debut novel, entitled WARPED, and started following her online blog to see what else she was up to.  I kept seeing tidbits about her upcoming novel REVEL, and I really thought it was coming out earlier this year.  I've been so sad not to see a real date on this one.  I check up on it every once in a while, and checking on it today revealed that there's finally a Goodreads page with a summary AND a cover!

*wants wants wants*


SUMMARY: 


There's an island off the coast of Maine that's not on any modern map. Shrouded in mist and protected by a deadly reef, Trespass Island is home to a community of people who guard the island and its secrets from outsiders. Seventeen-year-old Delia grew up in Kansas, but has come here in search of her family and answers to her questions: Why didn't her mother ever talk about Trespass Island? Why did she fear the open water? But Delia's not welcome and soon finds herself enmeshed in a frightening and supernatural world where ancient Greek symbols adorn the buildings and secret ceremonies take place on the beach at night. Sean Gunn, a handsome young lobsterman, befriends Delia and seems willing to risk his life to protect her. But it's Jax, the coldly elusive young man she meets at the water's edge, who finally makes Delia understand the real dangers of life on the island. Delia is going to have to fight to survive. Because there are monsters here. And no one ever leaves Trespass alive.


What are you anxiously waiting for this Wednesday?

Comments

  1. This sounds AWESOME! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. Here is my post:
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I've seen this one! Secret Islands, Ancient Greece and Water - it's got all the latest trends! Love the cover of this. :D

    ComaCalm's WoW Throne of Glass Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cover. I love the sound of this one. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds good! It,s the first I hear of it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!