Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Every once in a while I participate in this one when I either 1) Like the theme, and/or 2) Have the time!



This week's topic:
Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR List!



1) DEFIANCE by C.J. Redwine
This one sounds great and it's a much-buzzed about debut.  I was really excited to snag an e-ARC and will be reading this one soon!
2) FROSTFIRE by Zoë Marriott
I love Zoë.  I avidly read her blog, I cyber-stalk her on Twitter, I adore when she comes and visits A Backwards Story to promote her novels.  This author is First Class!  I'm importing this one from the UK via Book Depo because I can't wait until it hits US shelves in 2013! (And I'm glad I waited to buy the first book, DAUGHTER OF THE FLAMES, until there was a new cover, because now I can buy them both at once! Score!!)
3) FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS by Diana Peterfreund
This one just released, and I haven't had a chance to read my copy yet!  The cover's beautiful, it's a dystopian retelling of Jane Austen's PERSUASION, the author has also written about killer unicorns, and, oh yeah, I've wanted this one since the deal was announced in 2010!
4) JUST FOR FINS by Tera Lynn Childs
I never expected to see a third fins novel from TLC!  I'm really excited, though, because this is one of my favorite mermaid series. I'll be R&Ring this one during Splash into Summer for sure!
5) THE SHADOW CATS by Rae Carson
Hopefully novellas count, because I've been wanting to read this one since hearing about it!  I loved THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS and am having trouble waiting for THE CROWN OF EMBERS this fall, so this will tide me over!
6) LOSING LILA by Sarah Alderson
Another one I'm importing from the UK via Book Depo!  I really enjoyed HUNTING LILA and can't wait to return to see what happens next.
7) SURVIVE by Alex Morel
This novel's synopsis is so intriguing.  It's about a girl who wants to commit suicide, only to wind up in a plane accident and is really about survival.  Oh!
8) THE RAFT by S.A. Bodeen
Another tale of survival.  I received this ARC a while ago and have been sitting on it until closer to release.  This one reminds me a little bit of THE LIFE OF PI by Yann Martel, only instead of a tiger and hyena onboard, there are sharks in the water!
9) 52 REASONS TO HATE MY FATHER by Jessica Brody
I've been sitting on this ARC for months waiting for the summer.  I loved Jessica's other novels and have had trouble waiting to read this one!
10) SIZE 12 AND READY TO ROCK by Meg Cabot
Heather Wells is BACK!  Meg Cabot is one of the only chick-lit authors I'll read, and I adore this series by her.  I think it's because I was both a Head Resident and Resident Assistant in Uni, and when the books started coming out, we passed them around Res Life and laughed so hard!  Great fun!!!

This list was really hard!!  Choosing ONLY ten?  There are so many! (And they're  not necessarily in order by how much I want them, either!  I was just popping titles on as I thought of them.) I feel like I can't completely leave without listing the top three Summer Releases that I've already read early, but that are MUSTS for any Summer TBR Pile!



1) WAKING STORMS by Sarah Porter
I featured this one in a You're Gonna LOVE Me post and will be reviewing it during Splash into Summer.  For one thing?  Mermaids!!  I really enjoyed reading LOST VOICES and liked WAKING STORMS even more.  I seriously can't wait to share my love with you!

2) SPARK by Brigid Kemmerer
I enjoyed STORM (Which I just read this month and haven't reviewed yet), but I LOVED SPARK.  Seriously.  LOVED.  It's amazing and my favorite book by Kemmerer so far (not that she has many out yet...).  This will be a Day One Buy for me!
3) THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas
This one is no longer as closely associated with Cinderella, so I couldn't review it for Fairy Tale Fortnight like I'd planned to in April.  I'm sitting on my review until August, but the book is still awesome.  Plus, there are female assassins.  Win!



What books are you dying to read this season?

Comments

  1. Great list! I want to read Defiance too!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these. I must be living in a hole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!