Cover Crazy: GIRL OF NIGHTMARES by Kendare Blake




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."



Why I Love This Cover:


Last week, Kendare Blake revealed the cover for GIRL OF NIGHTMARES, the sequel to ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD. Once again, her designers have produced a stunning cover:







It's even creepier than the first cover, which was pretty darn creepy in its own right. The first time around, I loved the monochrome with a dash of red. This time, it's all red (and white/pinkish..). It looks like she's beckoning you to join her in hell. Lost souls are popping out of the red lake to grab at her. It's so creepy and disturbing...and absolutely eye-caching!



What do you think? What cover are you crazy about this week?

Comments

  1. I love these covers, but the idea behind the books seem to scary for my whimpy self. =)

    Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cover around the blogoshere last Friday I think? I absolutely love it! I thought about waiting until Monday and featuring it for this meme but I couldnt wait so I did a post specifically for it. The red is amazing!

    My Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer the first one, but this one is amazing as well. i wonder if the image was a little sharper with stronger contrast if i'd like it best...
    i need to add these to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one much better, probably because its more contrasty (is that even a word?). Anyways, I still do like the 2nd cover. I really want to get my hands on the first book. I hear its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this second cover. It is so intriguing! I haven't read the first yet, but it sounds pretty good.
    Here is my CC:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/10/cover-crazy-13-struck.html
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the covers. I really want to read Anna Dressed in Blood. It's been on my wishlist for over four months. The second cover looks amazing as well.

    I'm a new follower btw!

    I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I love how these covers tend to stick to color schemes. The red and white really makes this one pop.

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good and another post from you admin :)
    I hope to visit my Site : STD Symptoms

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!