{Month in Review/Monthly Preview} Beauty and the Beast, Book Signings, and Broadway, oh my!


  
It's finally April!!!! ♥

I don't know about you guys, but March/April/May are three of my favorite months. Which means....IT IS OFFICIALLY SPRING!!!

Usually, this means Mother Nature is done dropping snow on us. Despite the influx of rainy days, there are also perfect days full of lovely just right weather. The grass is coming back, flowers begin poking their heads out of the ground, trees start budding new leaves again, the birds are returning, baby bunnies start popping up in the yard.... I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! love March because it's almost spring. Well, this year has already felt like spring--even summer--in February, but, you know. Normally. I love when birds start to come back and bunnies start popping up in the yard and buds start appearing on the trees and the grass begins to turn green again...I just love it!!!

Broadway, it's all about the Broadway!!!


It's almost Show Season again!!!! I haven't seen a show on Broadway since this past September, when I was lucky enough to see both Hamilton and Waitress. Before that, it had been a while...probably the previous year? ^^;;;

This year, Broadway is having such a strong 2016-2017 season. The Tony Awards are going to be something in June!!!

It has been SO HARD narrowing down what I want to see because I want to see SO MUCH. (I also have a co-worker who goes to Broadway A LOT and talks about all the awesome new shows, so that makes my decision even harder!!!)

This week, I'm taking a day trip up to NYC to see both Amélie (Yes, it's based on the French Movie! And YES, it's starring Phillipa Soo, who played Eliza in Hamilton!!!) and Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812. I'm really excited!!!

(And next month...oh my goodness, next month I am seeing THREE shows!!! Dear Evan Hansen (This year's hottest ticket; the writers also did La La Land!), Anastasia (My childhood come to life!!!), and Come From Away (A little show that just opened that's already selling out due to its great buzz!!!)

And there are still shows I want to see, but I just don't have the budget to do more!!!! Thankfully, I snagged a lot of of these shows discounted, or the theatre was smaller and the cheap seats were great seats!

Beauty and the Beast

We hope you loved A Week of Beauty and the Beast as much as we did!!! And if you missed it, here's the Schedule of Events. We had some cool author interviews, some great book reviews, and you can still ENTER TO WIN a B&B-themed book of your choice until tomorrow night at midnight!!!!

Book Signings 


This past month, Susan Dennard and Elisa Kova had a fun panel signing to promote WINDWITCH and THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOK. I was excited to see Susan again and to meet Elise. Both authors have kick-ass series featuring elemental magic (Air Awakens is the series featuring such magic from Elise, not the one she was on tour promoting, btw!!)

Both of these ladies need to come back to town again, because they were so much fun to be around!!!

#OTSPSecretSister

This month, my OTSPSecretSister themed to the month again, PLUS slipped in a little Beauty and the Beast love because she knew how excited I was about the movie!!!! It matched the gorgeous Little Mermaid print from last month, and both are against a backdrop of sheet music!!


Here's a close-up of that pretty, pretty print!!!



NAIL POLISH!

I've still been trying to grow my nails out again! (So I haven't really been taking pictures because they're short and BLAH).

But I did get to throw in a few cute designs/colors!

I actually just found out that you shouldn't use nail treatments every week--which I've been using as my base coat for a couple of years now!! So it's time to switch it up again!!

I don't have a picture, but I had yellow, glittery nails when I went to see Beauty and the Beast!!! (Well, you can see a bit of it in this YouTube Vlog I did about Beauty and the Beast Collectible Magazines!)

This picture is a few days old and my polish is starting to chip, but I did blue and white polka dots for the Susan Dennard/Elise Kova book signing to represent water and air magic!!!



I wish I had a better picture of my last manicure, because you can't see anything here, but I had purple nails with a green accent, and they all had holographic glitter that gleamed so nicely!!! It was a Hello, Spring look!!! This is the best shot I have, and it wasn't showcasing the nails, so.....



MARCH BOOK HAUL!


Here are all the books I brought into my life in March!

I think.

They were kind of scattered all over the place this month! ^^;;;

I purchased all of these:

I bought physical copies of all of Elise's books for the signing!
They were previously on my nook!!

I was sent all of this for review:


(Here's a close-up of the awesome package from First Second!!!)


Also, here's a portion of the order I placed during the Book Outlet sale! I still have to get the few books I added to my mom's cart to help her bump up to free s/h! And then I can post my blind unboxing video!!! I just have to tack that bit on, lol!!! ^^;;


And here are some e-ARCs I snagged this month! 




PHOTOS OF THE MONTH

Here are some of the photos I've taken and shared this month!

(Ummm....not many I can publicly share this month, sorry!!! A lot of family pictures this month, which I can't share on social media......but....here are three pretty book pictures!?)

I love when secret things hide beneath book jackets on spines and covers, don't you!?

What books could be inside....!?


Isn't this cool packaging???


MUSIC 🎶

WELL, in February, Barnes and Noble had all soundtracks for 40% off!!

So.....I might have snagged a couple of this season's hot hits such as Dear Evan HansenCome From AwayFreaky Friday the Musical, the deluxe Beauty and the Beast movie soundtrack.....

Which....well, I listened to DEH and CFA, just for the experience of the flavor of the music, but I'm seeing both shows in May and kind of want to go into them blind!!

Speaking of Beauty and the Beast, what did you all think of it? What did you think of the music? I thought some singing was great and some was so-so. I like Beast's new song "Evermore," even though it kicked one of my favorite Broadway numbers, "If I Can't Love Her," out of play. And "Gaston" was probably my favorite number. All that choreography, plus starring two men who grew up doing musical theatre!? It was such a good scene!!!

ALSO, I just borrowed all of these to listen to:


Two are from the library, and one is from a co-worker!!

MOVIES AND TV

We're stilly slowly catching up on Agents of SHIELD, and we've been watching Once Upon a Time since it came back on air.

Otherwise, I haven't watched much, not even on Netflix, though I did turn on Glee and start re-watching that last week for some background noise...!

That was my March.

How was yours???

Here's a look at everything that happened this past month!
 

ONGOING GIVEAWAYS:

*Win a Beauty and the Beast-themed book OF YOUR CHOICE!!! {4/3}
*HEAR THE WOLVES by Victoria Scott {4/3} Check out the April Blog Tour Schedule for more upcoming giveaways!
MARCH BLOG TOUR SCHEDULE
(Most blog tour stops feature giveaways as well!)

*CAGE OF DARKNESS by Jennifer Anne Davis {4/7 review}
*AIR AND ASH by Alex Lidell {4/11 review}
*BEAUTY OF THE BEAST by Rachel L. Demeter {4/20 feature}
*BLOOD ROAD by Amanda McCrina {4/27 review} MORE IS COMING! JUST YOU WAIT! ^.~

 

READING NOW:
{All links to Goodreads!}

*WARCROSS by Marie Lu is still giving me a bit of a hangover, but I just picked up ROAR by Cora Carmack and hope it gets me out of this funk!!!

Before I picked up WARCROSS, I'd begun reading both THE GEEK'S GUIDE TO UNREQUITED LOVE by Sarvenaz Tash and STAR-CROSSED by Barbara Dee, and I'd like to get back to them once this book hangover passes!!!


PLANNING TO READ IN APRIL:

*ROAR by Cora Carmack
*ALEX AND ELIZA by Melissa de la Cruz
*AIR AND ASH by Alex Lidell
*BLOOD ROAD by Amanda  McCrina
*THE NAMES THEY GAVE US by Emery Lord
*Re-read A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES and A COURT OF MIST AND FURY by Sarah J. Maas to get ready for the final book!!!
*THE PRINCE'S ROGUE by Elise Kova
*THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE by Katherine Arden
*RISE OF FIRE by Sophie Jordan
*THE SHIP BEYOND TIME by Heidi Heilig
*A FACE LIKE GLASS by Frances Hardinge
*LIKE A RIVER GLORIOUS by Rae Carson
Re-readA DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab so I can move onto A GATHERING OF SHADOWS and A CONJURING OF LIGHT...

 
[link to my GoodReads account so you can see my blurb feed as I read]
READ IN MARCH:
{All links to Goodreads!}

TOTAL: 9 novels, 2 picture books, and 1 photo essay collection!

*EARTH'S END by Elise Kova {YA}
*WATER'S WRATH by Elise Kova {YA}
*CRYSTAL CROWNED by Elise Kova {YA}
*STRONG IS THE NEW PRETTY by Kate T. Parker
*ROSES IN AMBER by C.E. Murphy {Adult}
*LOST IN A BOOK by Jennifer Donnelly {MG}
*SEVEN DAYS OF YOU by Cecilia Vinesse {YA}
*OF FIRE AND STARS by Audrey Coulthurst {YA}
*BEAUTY OF THE BEAST by Rachel L. Demeter {Adult}
*AMERICAN BORN CHINESE by Gene Luen Yang {Graphic Novel}
*GASTON by Kelly DiPucchio {Picture Book}
*ANTOINETTE by Kelly DiPucchio {Picture Book}
*WARCROSS by Marie Lu {YA}

REVIEWED IN MARCH:
{All link to our reviews!}

*FROST by M.P. Kozlowsky {YA}
*FROGKISSER! by Garth Nix {YA}
*THE HATE YOU GIVE by Angie Thomas {YA}
*OF BEAST AND BEAUTY by Stacey Jay {YA}
*FIRST STORIES: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Illustrated by Dan Taylor {Picture Book} [Vlog]
*AS OLD AS TIME: A Twisted Tale by Liz Braswell {YA}
*WITHERING ROSE by Kaitlyn Davis {YA} [Redux]
*BEAUTY AND THE BEAST by Cynthia Rylant {Picture Book} [Vlog]
*THE BEAST WITHIN by Serena Valentino {YA}
*BEAUTY AND THE BEAST by Agnese Baruzzi {Picture Book} [Vlog]
*BEAUTY AND THE BEAST by Ursula Jones and Sarah Gibb {Picture Book} [Vlog] [Redux]
*ROSES IN AMBER by C.E. Murphy {Adult} 
*Reviewing Three Collectible Beauty and the Beast Magazines: Which Will You Choose?
*BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: LOST IN A BOOK by Jennifer Donnelly {MG}
*HEAR THE WOLVES by Victoria Scott {MG}
*SEVEN DAYS OF YOU by Cecilia Vinesse {YA}

REVIEWED AT BROADWAY WORLD...so you may have missed it!

*Check out everything I reviewed at Broadway World this past month, including brand-new release HUNTED by Meagan Spooner, in yesterday's wrap-up!

FEATURES IN MARCH:

*{Design Vlog} FROGKISSER! by Garth Nix
*{Month in Review/Monthly Preview} The OVERWHELMING feeling when you welcome more than *50* books into your home in one month.........
*{Excerpt} THE GREAT PURSUIT by Wendy Higgins
*A Week of Beauty & the Beast: Schedule of Events 
*Join the fun! Share your own Beauty and the Beast-themed links here all week long!

*How much do I love Beauty and the Beast? Let me count the ways!
*10 Wonderful Dresses Belle Could Wear...and sneak peeks at the movie version's ballgown & wedding dress!

*Top 10 Beauty and the Beast Retellings....and you could WIN one of them!!!!
*E-Book Deal!!! CRUEL BEAUTY is only $1.99!!!!
*Happy Book Day to THREE New Beauty and the Beast Retellings!
*Interviewing ROSES IN AMBER Author C.E. Murphy!
*Interviewing WITHERING ROSE Author Kaitlyn Davis!
*E-Book Deal!!! CRUEL BEAUTY is only $1.99!!!!
*Interviewing BAREFOOT ON THE WIND Author Zoë Marriott!
*{Vlog} Take a Close-Up Look at Morgan Taylor's New Beauty and the Beast-themed Nail Lacquer Collection!
*Top 10 Books on my Spring TBR!
*Blind Unboxing...a huuuuge box of books from Book Depository!!!
*Finding Cinderella in Dreamworks' Trolls!
*Interviewing BEASTIA Author Zoe Cruz!


Comments